PDA

View Full Version : Drinking on meds

braindead
21-03-17, 11:12
SEE my AVATAR thats through drinking on meds . i was in hospital twice. the first time i had a pipe up my penis to drain the fluids has they dripped 18 ltr fluids a day through me plus antibiotics . Pancreatitis is what you get self-medicating the picture is when i went back in to have my gall bladder removed . but they ruptured my bile tract 6 hour operation. I AM OK NOW:winks:

hanshan
21-03-17, 14:50
Hi Brraindead,

The in-dwelling urinary catheter is a bit of an indignity, but it saves trying to get out of bed to go to the toilet all the time or continually calling the nurse for a new urine flask when they are pumping you full of fluids via a drip (I've been there, unfortunately). Best once you are out of that, or never get into that situation, if possible.

Bigboyuk
21-03-17, 15:10
Hi Braindead that's Horrendous mate :eek: Apart from the indignity of it you were extremely lucky to get through this, but you did :yesyes: Glad you are on the mend hope you are back on your feet again soon! Cheers

braindead
22-03-17, 18:06
when in first time for PANCREITIS i was just getting better when they gave me tramadol with my shrink meds. I pulled out the penis pipe and drips and walked down the ward naked. now the pipe is inflated so how it came out god knows , i was a hit with the nurses after that:wacko::wacko::wacko:

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Hi Brraindead,

The in-dwelling urinary catheter is a bit of an indignity, but it saves trying to get out of bed to go to the toilet all the time or continually calling the nurse for a new urine flask when they are pumping you full of fluids via a drip (I've been there, unfortunately). Best once you are out of that, or never get into that situation, if possible.
18ltr a day in and out:wacko::wacko::wacko:

panic_down_under
22-03-17, 20:30
i was just getting better when they gave me tramadol with my shrink meds.

I hope the "shrink meds: didn't include a SSRI or SNRI? Combining tramadol with serotonergic antidepressants can trigger serotonin syndrome.

braindead
23-03-17, 11:07
that's what i was having serotonin syndrome, i was on 6 mg lorazepam and 100 sertraline , i went into mania , then dream state . then wake up with everyone looking at me. I new what i had done when told, plus i had sore penis from pulling out the catheter.

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

when in first time for PANCREITIS i was just getting better when they gave me tramadol with my shrink meds. I pulled out the penis pipe and drips and walked down the ward naked. now the pipe is inflated so how it came out god knows, i was a hit with the nurses after that:wacko::wacko::wacko:

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

18ltr a day in and out:wacko::wacko::wacko:

18LT sure , in and straight out with something that resembles sludge to start with, after a day or 2 you start to run clear the then they stop the process. but keep up the antibiotics. i take stomach lining meds to this day has pancreatitis eats through your stomach lining . when it get through your dead:noangel:

panic_down_under
23-03-17, 21:29
that's what i was having serotonin syndrome, i was on 6 mg lorazepam and 100 sertraline , i went into mania , then dream state

Those are not really symptoms of serotonin syndrome. Mild to moderate SS symptoms include a rapid onset of dizziness, diarrhoea, severe headache, nausea often with vomiting, nervousness, tremor and sweating. In severe cases these are followed by confusion and/or over-excitement or agitation, exaggerated reflexes (hyper-reflexia) of mainly the legs, involuntary movements, especially of the legs and feet (clonus), followed by more generalised muscle jerking (myoclonus) that can resemble seizures, tachycardia, then the signature symptoms of severe SS, muscle rigidity (which may those of the diaphragm) and a large spike in body temperature. It is these last two which do the physical damage. For a more extensive list see: Signs and symptoms of serotonin syndrome (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2464814/table/t2-0540988/)