PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia. Help me. Just want to talk.

Najaa93
22-03-17, 06:40
Hi there,

I've suffered from insomnia since 2014. But somehow every single time insomnia hits me, I've always end up being panic and anxiety fueled. I'm just never get use to it. Not ever. This couple of days I've had terrible insomnia after being sick for about a week. First day of insomnia started when I wasn't able to go to sleep up until 5 a.m. Then eventually I fell asleep up until 10. A.M I even sleep during the evening. So I wasn't panic just yet. The next day I barely slept at all. The third day I fell asleep at 3 A.M. and woke up around 7 A.M. For the fourth day I didn't fall asleep until 5.30 A.M. and woke up at 8.30 A.M. The problem is I go to a university. I failed to attend classes this week bcus I was too tired. And the walk from my room to my campus is quite far. I'm so tired. I just want to quit my studying. Getting an hour sleep is everyday is killing me.

Mikiuslorenzo
22-03-17, 13:36
Anxiety is often exacerbated by a lack of sleep. Are your studies making you stressed at all? Any other obvious stress indicators perhaps?
Is there a campus counsellor you could chat to? I would also recommend seeing the doctor, they would perhaps prescribe some sleeping pills.

Najaa93
23-03-17, 04:06
Anxiety is often exacerbated by a lack of sleep. Are your studies making you stressed at all? Any other obvious stress indicators perhaps?
Is there a campus counsellor you could chat to? I would also recommend seeing the doctor, they would perhaps prescribe some sleeping pills.
Thanks for replying to me. Studying honestly doesn't make me stress. Even during holiday, I have insomnia. I really don't know what truggers my insomnia this week but prior before that I was sick and coughing. I was taking a couple prescribed medication including cough syrup that were making me sleep like a baby. Somehow few days after I started having painful headache and stop taking the cough syrup and other medicines since I believe they were the one causing my headache. After that my insomnia started. I have went for counselling yesterday. Told the counsellor that I wanted to quit if my insomnis continues but she refuse to support my decidion since my current CGPA were quite good. Last night I slept araund 4.30 am and woke up at 10 am.

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Thanks for replying to me. Studying honestly doesn't make me stress. Even during holiday, I have insomnia. I really don't know what truggers my insomnia this week but prior before that I was sick and coughing. I was taking a couple prescribed medication including cough syrup that were making me sleep like a baby. Somehow few days after I started having painful headache and stop taking the cough syrup and other medicines since I believe they were the one causing my headache. After that my insomnia started. I have went for counselling yesterday. Told the counsellor that I wanted to quit if my insomnis continues but she refuse to support my decidion since my current CGPA were quite good. Last night I slept araund 4.30 am and woke up at 10 am.

Sorry for having a lot of spelling errors I was typing rather quickly.