PDA

View Full Version : muscle shaking during/after exercise

pgw84
25-04-07, 13:21
Does anyone know if it's normal to experience muscle weakness and shaking during and especially after exercise. I did some painting earlier, which only involved standing on a ladder and holding a tin of paint. Afterwards the hand which was holding the paint was really shakey, and now I'm resting, my arms and legs feel really weak. I've had this loads in the past, like riding a bike and your legs shake after etc.. Is it just where I'm not used to it and don't do much? I tried googling it and straight away regretted it, telling me to get checked out (i've been enough times lately) and that Hypoglycemia could be a cause. Eeek!

Scarlett77
25-04-07, 13:34
Hi,

I'm 99.9% sure it's normal, it's happened to me lots of times anyway! I think you're right - it happens if you overdo it, in exercise or anytime you put too much strain on yourself. I'm no expert but i'd say there's nothing to worry about. Take care,

Scarlett x

Piglet
25-04-07, 13:37
Last year I cut our big long hedge with the electric hedge cutter which is very heavy and uses forearm muscles etc that I obviously musn't use to that degree very often.

When I had finished my arms were so weak and shaky that I couldnt even grip a cup - I didn't know whether to be amused or scared stiff and the feeling lasted at least an hour or more and then the muscles were sore for a few days after too.

Any muscles that don't get used very often, or used in a particular way are going to react like this so I think it's best to build up slowly and try and stop while you do still feel ok and work from that as your starting point.

I am trying to build my forearm muscles now and certainly won't try and do the whole hedge again in one go!! :blush: :mad:

Oh and hypoglycemia is just low blood sugar and means you need to eat.

No more googling now!!

Piglet :flowers:

Jaco45er
25-04-07, 14:05
hi PGW

I get it often if I don't eat before going to the gym. I get it too, when I go to the gym when anxious (I use exercise to tackle anxiety).

Have a think about what you ate (or didn't) before working, and if you was anxious, your shaking maybe down to a rush of adrenalin.

Banana's are great for getting energy levels back up quickly, and can stop the shakes, or a choccy bar.

Either way, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

(hang on, did I just say "nothing to worry about?" why we all here? lol)

tc

Jaco

cazza
25-04-07, 14:18
I get this alot just have somrthing to eat and you will feel better its just low blood sugar nothing to worry about:yesyes:

pgw84
27-04-07, 14:07
Thank you all for your replies! I'm gradually trying to eat healthier and be more active. :)