PDA

View Full Version : Should I go see a doctor?

Ryank65
22-03-17, 14:23
I'm a 22 year old male with very bad health anxiety. I used to smoke cigarettes daily and have gotten 2 ct scans done on my abdominal. Of course I go on google and read how benzene in cigarettes and radiation from ct scans increase your risk for cancers like leukemia. I do not smoke anymore and haven't in 6 months. I was fine Monday all day and then Tuesday morning I woke up with a strange sore throats and my whole body ached and had a little joint pain. Of course I go on google and completely scare myself because one of the signs for my symptoms is leukemia or lymphoma. Other than the sore throats and body aches my glands/lymphnodes in neck are a little sore but no swollen noses except one under left jaw. Could cancer come on like this over night? Should I be concerned this is cancer and go to doctor? I hate google so much and don't know why every time you google something they always say it's the worst case scenario for symptoms.

snowghost57
22-03-17, 14:48
Yes go to a doctor in order to get professional advice. This site is for suggestions and support for the feelings and situations that we share. I would stay away from google. Your body may be clearing itself from nicotine as well which causes side effects and I don't know if you have cancer, but I doubt it, I'm not a doctor. If you're that concerned, instead of worrying about it go and get checked out.

Fishmanpa
22-03-17, 15:11
If indeed, you're feeling ill with a sore throat, swollen nodes and/or fever then yes, see a doctor if you must BUT, I can tell you as a survivor, cancer doesn't appear overnight.

Positive thoughts

Ryank65
22-03-17, 19:45
I don't think this is from smoking since I've been fine past 6 months when I quit and last smoked. I'm more concerned this is cancer but I'm afraid to go to doctor for sudden achey body, sore throat and fatigue that came on over night. And I'm afraid it is cancer when my anxiety says it is.

Jull
23-03-17, 14:00
Sometimes google is useless and make me confused :) So the better option is going to doctor.