PDA

View Full Version : Fear of spray paint fumes

Brad10
22-03-17, 19:24
Hey I think I just need reassurance right now because I'm freaking out, I sprayed paint something that took 20 seconds and i did it on the grass spraying down and I didn't cover my face because I was only going to be a few seconds but than afterwards I thought what if I breathed some of it in and I heard it can kill you now I'm freakkn out any help :(

bottleblond
22-03-17, 19:49
Brad

You'll be just fine.

It's more likely to harm you if you're spraying in an enclosed space for a while with no ventilation. I'm sure it will have had no adverse effect on you at all. :yesyes:

Brad10
22-03-17, 19:55
Thank you I guess I just need some reassurance

bottleblond
22-03-17, 20:21
I can completely understand that. We all need reassurance at times. :hugs:

Clydesdale Epona
22-03-17, 22:52
You'll be fine Brad! it was only a little bit :) i spray paint quite often and usually just use a bandanna or something to cover my face, it is more likely to in a enclosed space where it can't escape. it not that harmless in moderation x

All the best :hugs:

GlassPinata
23-03-17, 02:56
Well, you know.... when I was a teenager, I knew a lot of idiots who huffed spray paint out of paper bags in order to get high.
Obviously not a healthy or recommended practice, but many of them did it multiple times over many months (or, god forbid, years) and not a one of them ever died or even got physically ill from it. Whether or not they killed a lot of brain cells is questionable; I'm not sure they were the brightest crayons in the box to begin with, considering that they did that.

But my point is, you're fine.
People inhale spray paint fumes intentionally to get high, and in a much higher concentration.
Considering that you weren't intending to inhale it, or trying to get high, and that it only happened the one time... I think you're okay.
I mean, spray paint is a common household product. Everybody uses it at some point, and few of us wear respirators when we do so.
I remember a time years ago when I spray painted some furniture in the living room with all the doors and windows shut. I worked on it all afternoon. I actually like the smell of spray paint, but my husband came home and was overwhelmed by the smell, and so we opened all the windows and it went away. And everything was fine.
That's pretty much the point of all these spray paint stories: everything always turns out fine.

Best of luck.

Brad10
23-03-17, 03:52
Thank you, I feel way better now aha thank you so much :)