PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal pain causing hell

MrFreakout
23-03-17, 07:48
Out of the blue one day I woke up with crazy pain in my extreme lower right abdomen. I thought it was my bladder. Waited a day, tried not to freak out then it was gone the next so I breathed a sigh of relief and got on with life. About two weeks later after drinking about 3 beers a night for those weeks (something new for me I normally drink spirits and once a week not daily) I started to get this pain in my right abdomen but now a more dull nagging pain. I also had fast bowl movements followed by constipation then solitary fast bowel movements every so often. Very strange for me. The pain went on another week and I got anxious enough to see a doc who gave me an ultrasound that showed nothing untoward for the pancreas, gallbladder, kidneys etc. Urine test and blood work relatively normal. Only thing they found was that I had mild "fatty liver" but sent me home saying my bowels sounded noisy so it was probably all just gas cramps or else muscular. But the pain in the same spot (and other more mild pains in other ab regions) continue now for over three weeks total. Remaining consistent in pain level with sometimes being worse when sitting.

Then of course I make the mistake of typing symptoms into google and coming up with cancers and all sorts of stuff to freak me out if I wasn't anxious enough already. I'm terrified of everything really and I don't want to go back to the doctor so he can start doing really invasive tests like colonoscopy or liver biopsy and take me through the ringer if I really am just getting worked up over nothing. So I've just been waiting for it to go away and getting more and more anxious when it hasn't. Then I'm starting to feel sick and lose weight and I don't even know if it's a symptom or just from my anxiety at this point.

Has anyone else ever had this kind of thing actually totally caused by anxiety? I've had loads of anxiety symptoms but pain this consistent and long I've never had so it's making me crazy. :(

Cakelady
23-03-17, 08:09
If your tests were clear then try not to worry, sounds like they thoroughly checked you over. I feel sick & don't eat when my anxiety is bad, it does affect my weight. Ignore what you read on google, unless you're a doctor its difficult to put all these worrying diseases into perspective, take care xx

Kat16
25-03-17, 02:01
I am going through kind of the same thing. I was told my abdominal pain was anxiety. It went away for a little bit and is now back. So hard for me to calm down , this has been one of my worst ha episodes.

swajj
25-03-17, 07:02
If the pain is that bad then what has the doctor suggested you do to relieve it. You shouldn't just have to put up with pain like that. If it is due to over production of acid then there are medications to treat it. I doubt that anxiety alone can cause pain. However it can cause problems with your digestive system which in turn leads to pain etc

valleybear
01-05-17, 17:24
Irritable bowel maybe? I have that and it sounds ohhh so familiar! IBS is not pleasant but not in any way life threatening so you are safe to look up the symptoms and there are discussions and help online. Take care and good luck x