PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Point

DaveCH
23-03-17, 08:53
I have been worrying about my stomach for some time and i know stress and anxiety can affect the somach. I sometimes get wind and gurgling after eating but my main concern is my bowel habits i always go when i get up and around 5pm in the evening. My movements are mainly normal as in proper consistancy but i start having panic attacks around 2pm and then i end up going to the toilet before my normal time. I cant sleep because of fear of needing the toilet during the night which i read was a bad sign. Last night my stomach was sore and i had a normal bowel movement at 3am. But i had been awake for 2 hours and was having really bad anxiety about my stomach and occasionally i have white mucus. I had blood tests about 8 weeks ago that where normal. Could all this anxiety be causing these stomach issues. I had a breakdown this morning with tears speaking to my wife but she isnt very supportive she is sick of hearing about my health concerns. I suppose my main question is can the bowels act like the bladder when i was worried about frequent urination i would pee a large amount when having a panic about it so if your concentrating all the time on if you need to go or not would the same thing happen.

Sorry for the long post but in a really bad way this morning

Thanks

Dave

Kat16
24-03-17, 02:59
I am going through stomach issues and fears too. I have been to the Dr 6 times in the past 7 months. She keeps saying to is due to anxiety. Sometimes I will believe the diagnosis and other times I am convinced it's cancer.

katniss
24-03-17, 03:32
Absolutely! Your digestive system is almost like a little brain itself. Literally. When you get anxious or stressed out you may feel the urge to go. Many people get diarrhea just from stress itself. For ie. Before a big exam or big speech, etc;

You're fine!!

---------- Post added at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 ----------

Also, there is a condition called IBS which is incredibly variable. A large portion of the population has this. There are different triggers for everyone but a major trigger for a bowel going awry is stress and anxiety

ErinKC
25-03-17, 03:08
I always get diarrhea from anxiety. Physiologically it's completely normal. Blood flow in your body changes when you're producing a lot of adrenaline and it can completely alter your digestive system.