PDA

View Full Version : Plusnet Email Is Down

Bigboyuk
23-03-17, 11:24
Hi Thought I would let everyone know who uses PlusNet Webmail their email servers are having essential maintainence work done How ever when calling the support number 0800 432 2000 there was no message to say that their email service wasn't working, 20 mins later managed to get to speak with a advisor who confirmed there was problems and it was being looked in to. and will let his manager know about getting a message on the phone line stating there are problems also if calling them regarding this problem ask for a email refresh as this may well fix the problem this is what they did for me and I can access my emails once again Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
09-04-17, 14:05
Do you use their broadband, Dave? I joined them a few years back add they were the cheapest. I was cutting down my outgoings and really didn't want to pay £20 like many of them are.

I'm only on a basic unlimited package though. I would like to go to fibre but it doubles the cost. It's just typical that existing customers get worse deals. Everyone wants your phone line these days too.

If you are on fibre, what's it like? My brother lives in an NTL area so he can get the super fast full Monty stuff. They never did my street so we'd waited many years until BT finally updated the exchange and the local boxes.

Bigboyuk
09-04-17, 15:06
[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1667062]Do you use their broadband, Dave? I joined them a few years back add they were the cheapest. I was cutting down my outgoings and really didn't want to pay £20 like many of them are.

I'm only on a basic unlimited package though. I would like to go to fibre but it doubles the cost. It's just typical that existing customers get worse deals. Everyone wants your phone line these days too.

If you are on fibre, what's it like? My brother lives in an NTL area so he can get the super fast full Monty stuff. They never did my street so we'd waited many years until BT finally updated the exchange and the local boxes.[/QUOTE I do Terry:) Have done for years but wasn't unlimited back then It cost £5.95 for a 1oGB which back then was good But now I have my computer stick which is really good (my Android box was crap at getting a lot of Tv catch up services no flash support on Android now) So thought I may as well go unlimted but only saw ads on tv for new customers only so called Plusnet and said I have seen you ads for good deals for new customers only they said you have been with us for 5 years now we can get a you a good deal , put me through to customer services and bingo got unlimited Broadband for £2.95 a month no catch as such but had to have line rental with plusnet which was a £1 cheaper than BT (Plusnet still uses BT's network) A call package with them too all 01/02/03/ prefixed number and I think I also get 0844 or 0871 numbers too included in the package free calls redial after 59 mins This adds up to £25 a month plus a referral discount for getting some one I know on to Plusnet so it's a good deal sure systems go down/ have to maintained etc but it doesn't happen often with Plusnet :)

No haven't got fibre as yet but only live 3/4 of a mile from my local telephone exchange and get 16MB speeds so more than happy with that! Are you still with Plusnet Terry if you have been with them for a good few years I am sure they will get you a good deal and go unlimited like I have done while it's not fibre totally it's fibre to the street cabs then copper wire to your house :) But if you don't live too far from your exchange you should get 16MB plus :)

Ahh don't get me started on NTL terrible service (Virgin Media) has taken over but it's still over the old NTL Network had many engineers out in a 18 month period got £300 compo off NTL for their poor service and lack of customer care.I wont go with any other provider ever now Iam staying with Plusnet they have done me proud:yesyes: Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
10-04-17, 06:35
Plusnet are BT so they are well established. I've found the service to be fine and the usage tracker has been useful. I tell a lie, I'm ok 10gb download per month but off peak is unlimited. The off peak is a good bonus as my previous company (Tiscali) didn't do that and they did have more network issues over the years.

Your deal is really cheap. I can't get anything do cheap as the main phone line isn't mine so I'm stuck with broadband only deals and very few companies still offer it. I looked at switching to BT as they had some great deals but then it has to be in the phone line bill payers name and I would rather keep it in mine.

I can get about 70mb per the speed test (if I'm remembering correctly) but a deal for around 32 would be great for me. I'm on a 8mb line but the tests seldom give more than about 2.5mb.

It's such a rip off. I pay the same as someone getting closer to the 8mb :mad:

Bigboyuk
10-04-17, 09:22
Plusnet are BT so they are well established. I've found the service to be fine and the usage tracker has been useful. I tell a lie, I'm ok 10gb download per month but off peak is unlimited. The off peak is a good bonus as my previous company (Tiscali) didn't do that and they did have more network issues over the years.

Your deal is really cheap. I can't get anything do cheap as the main phone line isn't mine so I'm stuck with broadband only deals and very few companies still offer it. I looked at switching to BT as they had some great deals but then it has to be in the phone line bill payers name and I would rather keep it in mine.

I can get about 70mb per the speed test (if I'm remembering correctly) but a deal for around 32 would be great for me. I'm on a 8mb line but the tests seldom give more than about 2.5mb.

It's such a rip off. I pay the same as someone getting closer to the 8mb :mad: Yes they are they have been going for some years now and have been about since dial up days and introduced unmetered dial up too been looking at the history of Plusnet :) Yes very handy that free 'off' peak usage with Plusnet So is it your landlord who pays your line rental and why have it that way unless it's to save you money? Prehaps try and get the line rental in your name if possible! Hmm I don't get this last bit as such! I can get about 70MB per the speed test etc etc but iam on a 8MB line unless you are saying for your area you are looking at that speed, but in reality you only get 8MB
or should get but no it's actually around 2.5MB that is poor Terry and this is currently with Plusnet now? Is the line restricted in any way? I will give you a tip it's completely legal so no worries on that. Take the front of the master skt off ok it actually unplugs from the base revealing another phone skt this is where you plug your filter in which you connect your phone and router as normal. it does increase your line speed some what a BT engineer told me that a few years ago so worth knowing And as for the deal it is really good, and I didn't have to push for it or barter with them either the telephone operators are helpful and pleasant too, makes the whole experience good;) Cheers