PDA

View Full Version : Helloooo!

elfwin84
25-04-07, 17:06
Hello everyone, i just joined this forum yesterday.
I've just been gotten back from the doctors and she's prescribed me Escitalopram, was a bit worried when she told me but i've read the many threads on here about it and it sounds like it might work (and right now i'm willing to give anything a shot) Despite the fact that i was kinda hoping she could wave her magic wand and make it go away i'm now feeling slightly positive about it. She also said something about Behaivoural Therapy which i think could be quite usefull. It's just all seemed so daunting in her office but now that i've seen what's on here i don't feel so bad. Thank you!!!!

AdamD
25-04-07, 17:11
Hey elfwin84.
Welcome to no more panic.
There are many peopel on here who would be happy to chat to you whenever you feel you need someone to talk to if you need advice.
Adam x

SANDYJANE
25-04-07, 18:19
Hi, elfwin84

a big warm welcome

Love Sandy xxx

honeybee3939
25-04-07, 18:31
Hi

Welcome to NMP, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way. :)
If you look at the Therapy section on the left hand side of this page it will explain more about the Therapy(CBT) your GP had suggested.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

trac67
25-04-07, 19:47
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

manmoor
25-04-07, 20:42
Hi Elfwin,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

nomorepanic
25-04-07, 22:11
Hi elf

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of support and advice on here.

groovygranny
25-04-07, 22:12
Hello Elfwin, big :welcome:to you!

You'll certainly find lots of help and support here!

:flowers:

Pink Princess
26-04-07, 00:00
hi and welcome to the site, you will get a lot of good advice and support here and you will make good friends. take kare xx

Keep going
26-04-07, 00:50
Hiya elfwin, big welcome!

stu:shades:

Piglet
26-04-07, 10:53
A big welcome to the site. :)

Piglet :flowers:

sarah1984
26-04-07, 16:33
Welcome Elfwin-it sounds as if you're really getting somewhere in the struggle against anxiety. Remember meds do take about 4 to 6 weeks to show their effect but together with the behavioural therapy, it sounds like a recipe for success.
Take Care,
Sarah x

Southern_Belle
27-04-07, 01:36
Hi Elfwin,

Welcome to NMP. You will find this site very supportive and will make many friends here. It already sounds like you are on the road to healing by trying different methods and like Sarah said meds usually take weeks to kick in so don't get discouraged. Again, welcome.

Laura

elfwin84
28-04-07, 08:14
Thanks everyone, makes me feel very welcome.
I've been taking the meds for the last two days now and they've made me feel very wierd- almost like being extremeley hungover- but i'm gonna carry on with them. Bit annoying though because i've got to work whilst feeling this strange but hopefully it'll get easier soon.
Thanks again everyone for your welcomes!

sarah1984
28-04-07, 20:12
It most likely will- the first weeks are always worst, then the initial side effects start to wear off.