PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro/esomeprazole interaction? Freaking out!!

ChildOfTheKing
23-03-17, 18:28
My anxiety has been pretty bad this week with my grandpa having surgery for his cancer ,(it went well, thank God) and with arguing with my mom a lot, mainly about my anxiety. Earlier in the week on Monday I had tried Cymbalta 30 mg that my doctor had prescribed and had a terrible panic reaction. Today I tried to give Lexapro 5 mg another go which I had initially tried weeks ago but didn't stick with as I felt very weird with it (prescribed by the same doctor). I've also been taking (as prescribed by my doctor) esomeprazole 40 mg and ranitidine 300 mg for my reflux (which is definitely exacerbated by anxiety.). Along with that I take allergy medication.

Well I googled if there were interactions with these medications and saw that there was an interaction between Lexapro and esomeprazole which can cause serotonin syndrome and now I'm freaking out! I called the pharmacist and he said he'd never heard of an interaction like that and it wasn't even in their system when he checked and I should be fine. But I'm still freaked out! I feel like I can't breathe and I'm dizzy but then again I feel like that all the time ever since my anxiety hit such a low, and I'm due to go for a haircut appointment in 2 hours but here I am freaking out and on the verge of tears thinking I've done myself in. I hate having this! I wish I could snap out and go back to the way I was before. I'm only 24 and on constant edge, with constant symptoms and always freaking out about something. :( My dizziness is especially bad this week.