PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELPPPPPP

linjane
27-10-04, 08:35
Hi, i am really sorry to be a nuisance but i really need reassurance about palpitations and missed heartbeats. I have posted on the introduce yourself and also in symptons but I am still letting them rule my life. They come and go throughout the day for no apparent reason. Sometimes if I'm lucky i may go a whole day without any and I do remember once having two weeks free of them, but then they come back as horrible as b4. Why do i keep getting them and how do i learn to accept they ARE NOT dangerous???? I do not get much time to spend on this site as i'm either at work or looking after my children, but I regularly check for replies and would be so grateful for your advice. Thankyou

kate
27-10-04, 09:50
Hi Linjane,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling anxious at the moment.

The reason why you are still suffering the palpitations, in fact the reason why anxiety symptoms persist in general, is that you are WAITING for them to happen! [:O]

When anxious, we are so totally aware of every little twinge and feeling.

These feelings also occur in none anxious people but the difference is that we panickers are so anxious about the symptoms that we are just waiting for them to pop up!

The only way to accept that they happen, and they are not dangerous, is to keep reminding yourself that they have occured on numerous occasions, but that you are still here to tell the tale.

Have you tried any form of exercise and relaxation methods?

Oh, and you are definately NOT being a nuisance!!!!

Luv Kate xx

KW
27-10-04, 11:22
Hi Linjane

Welcome to the site. Just an idea.. i used to drink lots of tea and i would feel relaxed but after drinking the tea it made me feel anxious. The same thing happens after eating chocolate. I do suffer with anxiety but having not drank tea for about 6 months now and cutting down on sugary foods i have noticed the difference and feel less anxious.

I know coffee can be the worst..

If you drink tea or coffee and don't want to give it up there is decaf available.

Just a suggestion

KW

another_adam
27-10-04, 12:57
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">The reason why you are still suffering the palpitations, in fact the reason why anxiety symptoms persist in general, is that you are WAITING for them to happen!</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

that is so true.

know that you can't control when you die and stop worrying about it, which alot easier to say then do.

Sarah-Jane
27-10-04, 13:08
after having panic attacks which arent very nice at all and are very scary and perhaps some of what you are feeling is the fear of having them again knowing what they are like and how bad they make you feel. Well done for sticking at going to work and its a posotive thing that you are still there for your kids WELL DONE!! Attacks can be debilitating to say the least. Hope to see you online here more often take care and good luck xxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Meg
27-10-04, 14:24
Hi ,

Everyone has them but we don't usually notice or take any notic eof them . When we're anxious the adrenalin causes more of them as does caffiene and sugar as has already been mentioned.

I'm sure you'v ebene checked out already and contrary to popular opinion - palpitations have absolutely nothing to do with having a heart attack .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

seh1980
27-10-04, 15:09
hello there,

Why don't you try to use some essential oils? They always help me when I'm feeling anxious. Take care.

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
27-10-04, 20:37
Hiya

You are not a nuisance atall - we are all here to help and support each other and that is what the forum is for so please post about anything you want to.

The palpitations will go in time and I know you are worried about them but try not to think about them and get a nice relaxation tape and take some chilling out time.

I hope you feel better soon.

Nicola

Karen
27-10-04, 21:43
Hi there

As everyone else has said you are not being a nuisance. We all have things we worry about continually and need reassurance over.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

linjane
29-10-04, 17:53
Hi, thankyou to everyone who replied to my post. I know I have to learn to accept that my palpitations and missed beats are not dangerous and I have lived with them for over two years now, so I should be used to them but I just hate them so much and they terrify me! Can anyone recommend a GOOD relaxation cd and where to get it from? I really wish there was something I could do to get rid of them for good and then I am sure I would be able to deal with my anxiety much better. Thanks again for everyone being so nice.

lainey
29-10-04, 18:56
Hi Linjane

Firstly, welcome to the site you'll get lots of help and support here and you are not being a nuisance, we all need to spill out our anxieties.

I find that COMPLETE RELAXATION by GLENN HAROLD is very good for calming me down, i got it from Amazon.

Take care

Elaine xxx

nomorepanic
29-10-04, 18:57
Try this site - a few of us have bought from there.

http://www.hypnosisaudio.com/

Nicola

cuddlemonkey2u
02-01-05, 02:47
Hey, I know what you are going through because i've experianced all of it. Ever since I was 16 years old i've had them and ever single one was the worst one ive ever had. I though no one understood what i was going through they thought it was all in my head...maybe it was but it was much to big of a problem to handle just like that! When ever they would come on me i thought i couldnt take anymore whats going to happen to me, am I going to die? No i didnt die! you mind tries to play tricks on you. once it happens to you your afriad its going to happen again and agian. so they keep on coming back...you yourself are the only person who can control them...i had help from a christain counsler who has been through what ever one else had experianced. It helped me a lot and if you were willing to go to someone like that and talk about things directly in your life she gives you good tools to help stop them before they come on fully charged. im 20 now and yes they are gone! thank God! but it took a lot out of me but i know for one thing im still standing. If you ever want to talk or ask questions im sure i know i can help you out! i know what your going through and i know its not easy!~allison

nomorepanic
02-01-05, 16:50
Hi Allison

Welcome to the forum.

I hope that we can be of some help to you too if you have any issues.

Nicola

Karen
02-01-05, 18:24
Hi Allison

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you have worked hard and done so well to overcome the panic. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.