PDA

View Full Version : Head Throb on waking up

Apothael
24-03-17, 09:21
Sometimes, in the morning or at night when I'm drifting in and out of sleep, I'll momentarily get a painless 2 second throbbing sensation, followed by a split second of confusion or feeling dumb? It used to happen sometimes in the middle of the day when I was feeling worse about HA, but now it seems to only happen when I'm in bed.

Are these head zaps or something else?

Lakme
24-03-17, 09:29
Sometimes, in the morning or at night when I'm drifting in and out of sleep, I'll momentarily get a painless 2 second throbbing sensation, followed by a split second of confusion or feeling dumb? It used to happen sometimes in the middle of the day when I was feeling worse about HA, but now it seems to only happen when I'm in bed.

Are these head zaps or something else?

Sounds like you're over analyzing something. Whenever I take amitriptyline, I have these weird bouts when I'm trying to sleep where I'll wake up instantly and babble something I don't even understand. But then again that's just a weird side effect. It's probably nothing and I wouldn't worry about it.

Take care.

Apothael
24-03-17, 12:24
Thanks for your response.

I'm not on any medication - but my doctor has left that option open if I want to pursue it. It's not exactly unbelievable that this could be the result of anxiety or obsessing since several other weird symptoms have come and gone, but it's still scary.