PDA

View Full Version : antioxidants after CT scans

catkim
24-03-17, 10:43
Hi, I need some help. 4 days ago I had chest CT scans (2 one after the other one with contrast one with out) I didn't want to get it but the Dr conviced me. I also had a chest X-ray 4 days before that. I also has a chest X-ray and 2 chest CT scans at same time 2 years ago.
Anyway I am super scared of all the radiation and what damage I might have done to me and about the possibility that it increases the risk of me getting cancer in the future.
After having the CT done 4 days ago I got on the internet to look to see if there was anything that could reduce the risk and came across alot of things talking about how taking antioxidant supplements can possibly reduce the risk by helping to repair cells and destroy free radicals. It of the recommended taking them before but could also take them after but as I didn't know of this before I couldn't go back and take them before)
So the next day I went down to the shops and stocked up on some of the antioxidants that they recommended. I have been taking them for the last 3 days (and a few of them this morning).
But i've now read that taking to many antioxidants can be bad for you and can also course illness :S and I'm now worried about that, but at the same time i'm worried about the radiation coursing more harm if I don't take them. Is there a middle ground that I can go with to solve both of these problems? My anxiety is in a bad way at the moment and I have been waking up having panic attacks for the past week.