PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Fibromyalgia or Autoimmune?

Ellecee
24-03-17, 18:45
Just wondering if anyone has HA from a chronic pain condition? I have had chronic pain issues for over 3 years. I do have a positive ANA, but none of my other tests or symptoms are sufficient for any autoimmune disease. So, I have been diagnosed for the time being with Fibromyalgia. My rheumatologist wants to keep an eye on me for Lupus and Scleroderma.

My pain is not managed by anything. Once, I was in the hospital, they gave me morphine. I had relief for about an hour or so. The constant pain puts me on constant alert. In addition to Fibro, I also have SVT. My health anxiety revolves around my heart. When I get chest pains, or tachycardia or palpitations, my mind picks up on it immediately. "Am I having a heart attack!?" (I have had all cardio tests except a nuclear. They don't want to do it because I'm still relatively young-38 Only thing they found was SVT)

I'm currently looking for a therapist that does CBT, but nobody is accepting new clients. I was wondering if anyone else on here has a chronic condition and how they deal with their anxiety.

TL;DR: I have chronic pain that is not managed. I need help controlling the health anxiety that goes with it.

desertraven
24-03-17, 18:54
I have autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto's) which is managed fairly well with meds. I also have endometriosis and had a hysterectomy and one ovary left and seem to be okay with that. Interestingly the those two actual diagnoses I have don't cause me anxiety, it's thinking I have everything else :unsure:

In general though no matter the autoimmune disease that one has you really have to take care of your whole body. Good food, no smoking, minimal drinking, and light exercise. When I don't do these things or don't get any sleep I feel terrible for days and it takes me a while to recoup.

Ihavelostmymarbles
24-03-17, 20:18
I have autoimmune issues and a heart condition as well. I don't know how to control the HA that comes with it, but I find it best to take things day by day.

Have you tried therapy, mediation, or medication to try and help with your health anxiety? I'm not sure if you can exercise, but physical therapy really helped me with my neck & shoulder pain. The pain never completely disappeared, but I felt better mentally from the endorphins that I realized during exercise. It was very very light though.

Capercrohnj
24-03-17, 23:49
I have Crohn's disease which is autoimmune and have associated joint pains. I have severe chronic pain mostly abdominal and I have horrible fistulas. I take Tylenol, naproxen and Dilaudid every day (I'm waiting for surgery to remove my colon and rectum which will help the pain situation) and it takes the edge off but it doesn't completely take away the pain.

Ellecee
26-03-17, 02:36
I have autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto's) which is managed fairly well with meds. I also have endometriosis and had a hysterectomy and one ovary left and seem to be okay with that. Interestingly the those two actual diagnoses I have don't cause me anxiety, it's thinking I have everything else :unsure:

In general though no matter the autoimmune disease that one has you really have to take care of your whole body. Good food, no smoking, minimal drinking, and light exercise. When I don't do these things or don't get any sleep I feel terrible for days and it takes me a while to recoup.

Yes! The diagnosis doesn't bother me...I just want to know what IS wrong with me. Fibromyalgia is an exclusionary illness, so I keep worrying they missed something.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

I have Crohn's disease which is autoimmune and have associated joint pains. I have severe chronic pain mostly abdominal and I have horrible fistulas. I take Tylenol, naproxen and Dilaudid every day (I'm waiting for surgery to remove my colon and rectum which will help the pain situation) and it takes the edge off but it doesn't completely take away the pain.

I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Do you suffer from health anxiety as well?