PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains caused by anxiety

Bakebeansrule
25-03-17, 17:40
I'm having some weird pains and sensations in my chest, back and shoulder on and off for a few weeks now. My dr thinks it's caused by tension. I've never had these feeing before with my anxiety and wondered if anyone else would be kind enough to to tell me about any chest pains or sensations they get caused by their anxiety.

I was told 5 years ago chest pains I was experiencing was caused by anxiety but it turns out I had gallstones I had my gallbladder removed and the pain went away so as you can imagine being told what I'm feeling now is down to anxiety worries me something could be being overlooked again.

It started a few weeks ago when I had awful indigestion and a nurse wanted me to go to a&e for a heart trace to make sure it was nothing serious (I won't bore you with the story as I've posted it on here already) anyway I had a glass of milk and the pain went so I didn't go to hospital but this triggered my anxiety again and I've been very anxious since. Roughly the same time I changed jobs so I was very worried about that and I've had loads of family stuff going on so I've been majorly stressed.

I'm not sure I'd call these sensations pains they just feel a little achey not enough for me to need paracetamol or even to stop me from what I'm doing they are just there. Sometimes feels like a pulling sometimes like a band around my chest there's no pattern to them either.

I'm back at the Drs on Tuesday to speak to her about it all but I feel really daft as it's hard to explain how I feel

Mommyof2boys
25-03-17, 18:19
I have had sharp needle-like pains in the center of my chest and even to the left like it was directly on my heart. I have had my arms and fingers tingle. I have had a sever pain in my chest when I was pregnant that got worse with breathing (which turned out to be a muscle that had been irritated, and happens still to this day sometimes). I had a feeling like my chest was literally on fire on the inside when I was having my child after which I blacked out for several hours(man was that scary I was sure I was dead). I have had arm pains and flutters and palpitations and heart rate that was so high and wouldn't lower and was in the hospital for it and it didn't improve for hours. And I have been to a cardiologist twice in two years and had extensive heart diagnostics done and the ONLY thing that was ever found was that I have PVCs. And after I began worrying about my current health scare it all subsided. I still get heart flutters once every blue moon but they are nowhere near as violent and noticeable as they used to be.

anx mum
25-03-17, 20:10
I think having chest pain is so worrying cos of your heart being there. At the moment I'm suffering with chest pain at first my chest was on fire nothing helped heat/cold various painkillers ended up in a&e. That pain has gone now I'm having weird sensations cant explain it feels uncomfortable like u I'm conviced something is wrong had ecg, bloods chest xray nothing has shown. My health anx is awful know how u feel