PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help and advice please

davey2k12
25-03-17, 19:30
I have been doing sort of ok until recently when I had a setback episode this time it was chest jaw and arm and tummy pain this of course set off alarm bells and before you know it I was in a and e with a needle in my arm everything test and obs wise came back all good my question is does anybody else get the pains in other places as well as the chest such as jaw etc I'm just wondering because I've never had it in so many different places at once and to this intensity

ServerError
26-03-17, 00:12
- Jaw pain: anxious people often clench their jaws, usually without realising. They also grind their teeth in their sleep. As well as that, people with anxiety carry a lot of physical tension and strain anyway, including in joints such as the jaw. Jaw pain is not uncommon with anxiety.

- The stomach is directly linked to the brain via the vagus nerve. Along with the heart, the stomach is incredibly responsive to our moods. Anxiety causes churning stomach sensations and nausea. It can also cause the stomach to hurt. Don't forget that anxiety can worsen acid reflux, indigestion and IBS.

- Arm pain is a very non-specific symptom. It could be unrelated to anxiety at all, but still completely harmless. It could be muscular, either related to anxiety or not. It could be another sign of the tension in your body from anxiety. It could be a consequence of having a nervous system that's on high alert and generating seemingly bizarre sensations. The point is, arm pain is rarely a sign of anything serious.

- You went to A&E and had tests, and they were happy to discharge you. This points strongly to anxiety as being your problem.

pablo0977
26-03-17, 00:17
I too was feeling a lot better recently only to have a very dramatic setback. Keep working at it, I'm sure we can beat this. Feel better.