PDA

View Full Version : Nodular melanoma or scab

WorryWorm
25-03-17, 19:52
Hi

Story so far I have a major health anxiety mainly cancer. Waiting for appointment for help with this. So far I have had tests for bowel, breast and bladder

My latest worry is that i have nodular melanoma. I had a spot about 2-3 mm on my arm just at my elbow for about 3 weeks picked it then forgot about it then last night i was in shower and noticed that it was now a bloody lump so picked it again and it came off very easily and there was a very slight bleeding. Now i am worried that it was a nodular melanoma?

I consulted with my friend Dr Google (yes i i shouldn't​) and couldn't find any information about scabs being raised bloody lump.

I am getting upset just writing this. Sorry! I really appreciate your help.

Forgot to mention that it is now flat pink red hole

Toaster
25-03-17, 19:56
Bug bites. Pimples. Ingrown hair. All would be little bumps that could scab.

Cakelady
25-03-17, 20:01
I'm not a doctor but could it just be the way the scab formed on your elbow after picking the spot? I don't think it sounds sinister. If its really worrying you you could ask your doctor. Are you getting help for your anxiety? Take care xx
PS Doctor Google isn't anyone's friend, he a very unpleasant being who likes you to believe he is helpful when all he does is fill your head with fear :scared15:x

WorryWorm
25-03-17, 20:16
Thanks for the replies. Been to the doctor's twice in the last 2 Weeks for different reasons. i feel that i can't go back again this week. I go try not to Google but it is not easy maybe being on here will hopefully help. I am waiting for my appointment for mental health nurse it has only been a month since i asked for help with this.

Doctor once told me that the top can be taken off a picked melanoma and it still grows underneath so i can't get that out my head

Thanks for reading and taking time to read

Toaster
25-03-17, 21:32
Yea but you'd see it growing underneath. It would be discolored or not heal. I had the exact same worry. Check my post history. I went to my doctors. He didn't care. No referral. Told me I picked a scab. The skin healed.

Seriously melanoma is gnarly and pretty gross looking. I imagine picking it would look disgusting.

Cakelady
25-03-17, 21:47
Maybe if its still troubling you in a couple of weeks you could make an appointment or even pop into a pharmacy for advice. I Google too even though I know it doesn't help! Hopefully you'll get your appointment with the mental health nurse soon to help you work through your anxiety:) Very best wishes xx

WorryWorm
25-03-17, 21:52
Thank you!!

You just made me see how stupid i sound. ������

It helps when someone else gives you their point of view. Still a bit worried about it but will keep a eye on it a see if it heals or changes colour.

Thanks again

Toaster
25-03-17, 22:18
My doctor didn't even think melanoma when I told him. When I brought up cancer he was legitimately confused. Said ingrown hair or big bite. Actually had a tick on that leg a week prior.