PDA

View Full Version : Grown Adult anxiety over parents splitting up.

Tinker28
27-03-17, 01:51
Hi there.

I need to explain a bit. My parents are in their 60's and married for 40 plus years I'm 36 single mom to an 11 year old and I live with them since my son was born. I'm very upset scared nervous and don't know how to cope or stay around them. This is all too much for me and I feel sad for my kid as well. My anxiety is going to take over :weep: I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and I can't deal with this any of this . Please can anyone help me please??? :shrug:

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

Oh forgot to mention they are separating

Bill
27-03-17, 10:27
Talk to them. Tell them how you're feeling. Make a plan that you'll be happy with. They will want you to be safe and happy so they will listen and want to make sure you're ok after the separation. They can reassure you. You'll feel happier and more at ease once a plan is sorted that will ease your worries and fears.

Catherine S
27-03-17, 12:13
I'm assuming one of them is leaving and the other is staying in the house, or are they selling up and moving on? If one of them is staying then you'll be able to stay too if that's your worry? It's a very sad time for you all for sure, my parents split up when I was in my late 20s, but i'd already left home and was married with a 2 yr old so the practical side of it didn't affect me, but it changes the family dynamics and you do feel a bit lost at first. Time though, as always, heals. However, this is about your parents and what they're going through so you need to show them your support, try not to make this all about you.

Take care
ISB ☺ X

Tinker28
08-04-17, 15:57
Update- They worked it out somehow. I don't know how it happened. I'm very happy though. Thank you for all your support. Bill and ISB.