PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over being fortunate?

.Poppy.
27-03-17, 01:56
Hey, so this is something that's kind of strange to worry about!

My brother got married yesterday. We're twins, but we're just not close anymore. Also I don't get along with his wife at all - she's rather abrasive and seemed to decide early on that we weren't going to be pals.

Anyway, despite this, I ended up having a blast. I got to hang out with a bunch of people that we grew up with, many that I just don't get to see anymore. It was awesome.

One thing that stuck out was when I made a little speech - I wrote it because my mom told me I might be asked to give one, but then was told that the bridge didn't want to do speeches. BUT my mom wanted me to give it so a friend that I grew up with (who was also coordinating their wedding for them) made it happen and then held my hand as I was scared to speak. We drifted apart a bit but have become close again as she's currently dealing with some serious anxiety and I've been helping her to find a therapist, consider medication, etc. since I've done that myself.

Basically, I was constantly overwhelmed by the wonderful people I am lucky enough to have in my life and now I'm kind of sad at the idea that this won't last forever. Especially as we're all in our mid-20s now and going to be moving on with life and it will be harder to keep in touch.

How do you deal with these kinds of feelings?

Bill
27-03-17, 09:52
Acceptance. Sadly it's a fact of life that nothing stays the same forever. All we can do is try to keep as close as possible to those we care about whilst focusing on achieving our own goals and finding enjoyment in our own lives just as they will be attempting in theirs.
Also, treasure and make the most of what you have so you can look back with happy memories.