PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats three times in four months

pablo0977
27-03-17, 11:58
So last night I woke up for the third time in four months covered in sweat. It wasn't just a little sweat on the brow, my entire torso was wet. I sleep nude or next to nude, so I have no idea if it was enough to soak bedclothes, but while the sheets were not dry, they did not need to be changed or anything.

I did have three thin blankets and a sheet on, but since my room is rather cold that is par for the course. It woke me up but I didn't panic at the time. I just reduced the blankets and went back and went back to sleep. Only now as I recollect it in the morning does it worry me a bit.

I am trying to tell myself that three times in 4-5 months does not constitute a symptom. One of those times I left the heater on by accident. Another I was staying with a friend who said that blanket had done the same to him once. And this time I am staying in a house with steam heat that can over-correct on occasion. So why is this still bugging me?

Anybody else had/have this fear? Or just want to chime in to tell me I'm nuts? Or should I be worried?

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

26 views without a single comment? My anxiety tells me you are all preparing to give your condolences after my funeral :)

Fishmanpa
27-03-17, 12:22
OK... first... don't get the number of views vs. replies train. It has nothing to do with anything ;)

It's not a symptom of anything other than you perspired a bit while you slept. I'm a survivor. I had some night sweats. If you wake up constantly having to change the sheets and bedclothes then I would be concerned.

Positive thoughts

pablo0977
27-03-17, 12:33
OK... first... don't get the number of views vs. replies train. It has nothing to do with anything ;)

It's not a symptom of anything other than you perspired a bit while you slept. I'm a survivor. I had some night sweats. If you wake up constantly having to change the sheets and bedclothes then I would be concerned.

Positive thoughts

Well first off congrats on being a survivor. So the frequency is the key, then? I have to say that the only reason I probably even noticed the first one was because I had a baker's cyst I thought was lymphoma a few months back. Funny how things stick with us. Thanks for the reply.

Fishmanpa
27-03-17, 12:36
Well first off congrats on being a survivor. So the frequency is the key, then? I have to say that the only reason I probably even noticed the first one was because I had a baker's cyst I thought was lymphoma a few months back. Funny how things stick with us. Thanks for the reply.

Not just the frequency but the severity. If you have night sweats that happen a lot and cause you to change the sheets then I would look into it.

Positive thoughts