PDA

View Full Version : Cervical erosion/ectropion

Emily101115
27-03-17, 18:40
Hi all I'm back again after having a really good 2 weeks.I have a question and just looking for a bit of advice.I am really trying NOT to Google!

I was diagnosed with cervical ectropion in Jan 2016 after being allowed an early smear test to reassure me.I do get lots of discharge from the ectropion.

Sorry if this next bit of too much info!
After having sex with my long term partner Saturday night I did have a bit of slight blood when wiping,it had settled by morning,nothing yesterday and today just this afternoon after wiping I've got slight blood again in my discharge now it's the discharge I normally get everyday(same time) I knows it's my ectropion discharge.?

Should I see my dr about this or could this be just my cervical ectropion? I really don't want to bother my drs but I also don want to be getting myself worried again.

I would love chat with any ladies who have/had cervical ectropion

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Just to add to the above me smear test came back normal and to have one again in 3years time.

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Anyone?

Emily101115
28-03-17, 10:55
I've had a bit of faint a very faint brown in my discharge this morning,starting to get a bit worried now

Carrie8484
28-03-17, 12:15
Cervical ectropian is highly common , I have it.
With any of these gynae issues I would always mention them to your GP who will do a quick internal examination . If you do get referred for a colposcopy please do not be alarmed as this is also standard procedure a lot of the time!

Emily101115
28-03-17, 15:45
Thank you for replying.It was a gynaecologist in the hospital who diagnoses the ectropion in Jan 2016,she did offer me treatment which I turned down as my symptoms back than were manageable(heavy mucus discharge) it's been a good year since I had bleeding after sex.
Is is normal for the bleeding (which is very slight in my discharge) to come and go for a few days after sex? Sorry!

Lollymandy
28-03-17, 15:58
I think the bleeding is "normal" for erosion but I would go back to your GP with a view to getting it treated anyway. I also had erosion at one point :-)

Emily101115
28-03-17, 18:28
I al going to call my surgery and just ask them to refer me back to the gynaecology department at the hospital for treatment,I suspect than they can have a good check around again.

They stated in the letters that should I want treatment in the future to refer me back.