PDA

View Full Version : Emetaphobia - eating disorder

Hollly
27-03-17, 19:30
Hi,

I'm new to this so not sure if I'm posting in the right place. I've suffered with severe emetaphobia since I can remember. I learnt to cope with it really well until I threw up in December. Ever since then it's been worse than ever but the problem worrying me most is my eating. I've lost over 2 stone in weight since December and I'm barely eating anything at all. Many days I won't eat and some days il eat some crackers. I'm having nausea constantly leading to panick attacks etc. Whenever I do try and eat a meal il end up getting diarrhea. I feel stuck in a circle as when I try to make myself better I end up with diarrhea which sets off the panick attacks so I'd rather not eat at all. I've no energy, constantly feel like I'm going to pass out and rapid heat beat. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can improve my eating or why I'm getting diarrhea and nausea everytime I eat?
Thanks.

jbroown
25-05-17, 09:34
I think that diarrhea and nausea is caused by stress you're feeling due to your anxiety disorder/panic attacks. I've had the same thing about getting diarrhea after eating somethin and then I realised that it is actually an anxiety that is bothering me. Stress can make your organism really weak, try to realx as much as you can and tell yourself that everything is okay and you're not going to puke. It's really helpful when you think that it is only a panic attack and not the thing you're gonna vomit in a minute. Stress connected with anxiety can also cause diarrhea, so try to relax, drink some tea, watch the TV and everything will be ok, hope you'll get better ;)

dolphinoceans080
04-12-17, 22:59
I get this all the time.
You basically need to try and stay in a situation that makes you feel comfortable.
Mine is normally watching tv in bed with maybe some snacks gradually eating little by little.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk