PDA

View Full Version : Difference between chest strain and angina

StarsDie
27-03-17, 22:11
About 20 days ago I strained by chest by sneezing. The pain from it lasted about 4 days and went away. But about 4 days ago I've developed a dull ache in what seems like the same place. I wouldn't normally think much of this type of pain, as it feels like a bruised muscle or a mild strain or something of the sort. But because of the location -- deep in the middle of upper chest and slightly to the left, it has me a bit worried. So I'm unsure if I have what is called "angina" or if it's still some lasting effects of the strain. It FEELS more like a strain. I'm not getting any shortness of breath from exercising or anything like that, and it only 'hurts' when I do specific movements (certain 'crouches' and things of the sort). The pain isn't like a "squeeze" or anything like that. And no other part of my body has any pain. No arm pain or neck pain or jaw pain or upper back pain.

I know only a doctor visit can clear me, but for reassurance sake, does it seem as if I don't have much to worry about?

I figure if it lasts until Wednesday I may have to call my doctor and get it checked out. But until then I'm just trying to calm my nerves a bit.

Catherine S
27-03-17, 23:15
There's no way this is angina. If a person...usually an older person by the way...develops this heart condition it would definately feel like a tremendous pain and a squeezing effect. Without medication an angina attack would be very difficult to cope with. You did exactly what you think you did, you pulled a chest muscle and muscles take time to recover.

ISB ☺

StarsDie
27-03-17, 23:19
Thanks for the response.

That makes sense.

Catherine S
27-03-17, 23:56
No problem :)

ISB

Magic
28-03-17, 14:51
I used to have angina. I would be ok unless I climbed a bank or even climbing the stairs at home. You would feel really ill and probably want to lie down.
So like ISB says a strained muscle.