PDA

View Full Version : Frequent urination...anyone else?

IrishLondon
28-03-17, 00:39
Hey guys

I know this is a common symptom of anxiety. But does anyone else go through it? My mind seems to be totally focussed on my bladder.

I know I shouldn't be looking for reassurance but I'm right in the middle of anxiety right now.

Thanks so much

---------- Post added 28-03-17 at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was 27-03-17 at 23:21 ----------

Really worried that no-one else has this. I thought it was a common symptom :(

Fishmanpa
28-03-17, 00:47
It's a rather common anxiety symptom (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet).

Positive thoughts

Mel_82
28-03-17, 01:16
Total common symptom.
Happens to me whenever I'm anxious.

AbeLinkedIn
28-03-17, 04:13
Extremely common anxiety symptom, happens to me from time to time (Or if I drink too much tea)

You'll be just fine!

panickingsince98
28-03-17, 04:54
Any sort of removal of bodily fluids (peeing, pooping, vomiting, crying (lol)) is just par for the course with anxiety. I know one girl who constantly passes gas when having a panic attack - our bodies react in strange ways to stress. As long as your urine isn't brown/discoloured, doesn't have a weird odour, and it doesn't hurt to pee, you're fine - just nervous.

M00nlight
28-03-17, 09:03
I get it all the time! Every 5 mins with literally a full bladder and then I get anxiety over it thinking something is wrong... spiral!

IrishLondon
28-03-17, 11:18
Thanks so much guys. It really helps to know that I'm not going crazy and that this is normal when anxious. It makes sense because when I'm really busy with something I totally forget about it.

Leslie735
28-03-17, 19:04
Yep, me too.

IrishLondon
28-03-17, 23:56
Thanks again all. It almost feels like when I'm tense then my muscles down there tense and that makes me want to go. Trying to do some meditation to relax but I'm only in the early stages of learning it and it's hard.

thismightbezach
29-03-17, 06:36
I had this problem last year. I kept going when I really didn't need to and by doing that I trained my bladder to think it needed to empty constantly! Try holding it in for a while and only go when you really need to.

Eerie
29-03-17, 13:01
I have this problem too. To me it happened after an UTI, I guess I remained nervous each time I had to go pee. When I am really stressed I can go every 15 minutes. Even when not so anxious, I still go 7-8 times per 24 h though I do not drink a lot of fluids. To me it comes and goes and while being anxious I have the annoying sensation I have to pee all the time.