PDA

View Full Version : Scared to death of brain aneurysm...

panickingsince98
28-03-17, 04:52
So last night, after a stressful day in the hospital (diagnosed with hypotension :/), I started to develop a headache at the top of my head that felt "cold". This progressed to my shoulders and neck aching, which I know is a sign of a brain aneurysm. I have a pressure-type headache going on right now along the back of my head, which is what I've had about all day. Feels like a tension headache, but won't go away with acetaminophen.

I got a very minor concussion last monday, but it felt like all the symptoms have cleared since then.

Due to familial history, I am at a higher risk for aneurysms. I have a scheduled MRI coming up this summer I believe, but right now I am petrified that this summer will be too late. I am an 18 year old female, very low blood pressure (that's the hypotension, lol), and my only real risk factors are my family history and my minor concussion - however, I am freaking *out*. I have no idea what type of headache I would be feeling if I had a brain aneurysm (not even a ruptured one, just a growing one), and I'm super scared of just randomly dying from one. I haven't had this fear in years, but this headache is just super annoying and won't go away. Does anyone else fear this?? :unsure:

edit: I also have strong familial history for headaches. My mum gets them almost daily - I'm just scared of ones that don't go away completely with medicine :/

snowghost57
28-03-17, 05:12
If you were at the hospital and had a stressful day there, I'm sure the headache was from the stress. While you were there did the doctor know of you family history of aneurysms? I'm not sure if you can feel an aneurysm "growing". My daughters boyfriend did have an aneurysm rupture at the age of 33. The doctors told him it if very unusual to have one at an age this young. If you're that concerned, call your family doctor, they are the only ones that will be able to give you expert advise.

panickingsince98
28-03-17, 05:13
If you were at the hospital and had a stressful day there, I'm sure the headache was from the stress. While you were there did the doctor know of you family history of aneurysms? I'm not sure if you can feel an aneurysm "growing". My daughters boyfriend did have an aneurysm rupture at the age of 33. The doctors told him it if very unusual to have one at an age this young. If you're that concerned, call your family doctor, they are the only ones that will be able to give you expert advise.

Did he survive? Do you know what his symptoms were like?

snowghost57
28-03-17, 05:23
Yes he survived. It was a sudden episode. He was riding a four wheeler and crashed into a tree after the aneurysm broke. No warning signs, no headaches. He didn't have any symptoms prior to the rupture. You are only 18 and that is very young for an aneurysm. The doctors told him 33 was young for this to happen. Anxiety, stress and worry can cause terrible headaches and over the counter medication won't help. Call your doctor it you're that worried and see what they say.