PDA

View Full Version : The leg pain has returned

angry
28-03-17, 08:40
Since December I've been experiencing on and off leg pain. It mostly occurs when I'm still, either sitting or laying in bed. The pain moves around, and it's always in the right leg.

The pain will appear in the calf, back of knee, foot, or upper inner thigh normally. Today I've noticed some pain when I press on the muscle next to my shin, as well as some foot pain when flexing my toes upward.

Often I'll feel little twitching/bubble popping sensations in my calf along with the pain.

For months I've been terrified of DVT, and I'll often convince myself I have PE (chest/back pain, air hunger). As I lay in bed right now, trying to sleep, my leg pain worries me immensely. There's no swelling. I'm a 22 yo healthy male—not very active, but I get my exercise in every few days. For some reason I can't get my mind off of DVT. What could these pains mean?!

pablo0977
28-03-17, 11:06
Have you had an ultrasound to rule out DVT? If not, you should do so. I do a lot of long haul flights and so I too have fears of DVT. I also get many of the pains that you speak of. But, because Of our anxiety, reassurances of well-being tend to bounce off us. Have the ultrasound and the chest x-ray if you haven't, if you have trust the results. Thanks for sharing.

Fishmanpa
28-03-17, 11:14
Have you had an ultrasound to rule out DVT? If not, you should do so. I do a lot of long haul flights and so I too have fears of DVT. I also get many of the pains that you speak of. But, because Of our anxiety, reassurances of well-being tend to bounce off us. Have the ultrasound and the chest x-ray if you haven't, if you have trust the results.

Medical tests for reassurance are about as effective as verbal reassurance unfortunately. While no one here is a doctor, I can say assuredly, 99.9% of the fears I read about here do not come to fruition.

Positive thoughts

angry
28-03-17, 23:40
Getting an ultrasound is no simple task apparently. I've been to two ERs this year with clot fears and the most I've gotten is a chest X-ray and some blood tests--not even sure if it was a d-dimer.

Leg's still bothering me today. It's worst when I'm inactive.

angry
29-03-17, 08:28
So now, my right knee is super hot to touch. The calf pain and twitching hasn't really let up at all today. I'm so paranoid. I know I shouldn't monitor my body so closely but my knee is so hot. COmbined with the leg pain and twitches, I'm so concerned this is a clot.

There's no visible swelling or discoloration. :weep::weep: