PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms during recovery from HA?

Apothael
28-03-17, 13:26
Weeks ago I was shaking, thinking about what my funeral would be like, and crying every time I was on my own.

Now I'm calm, or maybe calm isn't the right word. Emotionally numb sort of suits how I feel better. I'm just exhausted by the psychosomatic symptoms of my Brain Tumour fear. The Doctor isn't worried. The back of my eye was fine. But I'm STILL getting symptoms, despite not thinking about them all the time.

Phantom Smells: These have died down significantly from an initial landslide at the beginning, so these may very well be due to anxiety - but It still takes me out of whatever I am doing when I get one.

Slight Double Vision: Seems to get worse when I am spiralling but has never fully disappeared.

Recently I've been getting flickering and sometimes either my left or right eye blurs but returns to normal pretty quickly.

Low Attention Span: Sometimes I'll be in the middle of doing something and forget what I am doing. 99% I can remember a split second after that, but there are other times where I'll think of something and instantly forget it a few seconds later. This is coupled with a scattershot short-term memory.

Weird Spells of Dizziness and Slow thinking: I think I'd be home free if these things didn't come out of nowhere. I was actively feeling like I was recovering and these spells hit me about once or twice a day. I'll feel several things, like the world just shifted an inch when I blink, or suddenly feel a bit disoriented when I move. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to throw up but I never do.

I was nauseous at the beginning of my Anxiety spiral but this feels different.

Weird Tastes: This is intermittent and varying in intensity but I started to get sweet tastes at the right side of my tongue. This lasted several days and then disappeared. Then it came back and I started getting a sour taste on the left and now a salty taste on the tip. I have felt like I have a mucus buildup in the back of my throat for about a week too so is there a chance it could be a sinus matter?

Weird Whole Body Twitch I feel like sometimes my whole body jerks a bit, or sometimes just my head.

I do think some things are definitely due to anxiety because I would get them after consulting Doctor Google at the beginning of the month but I haven't done that it weeks now and am worried I'm going to fall into the anxiety trap again/ dismissing legitimate symptoms of something I actually have.