PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause you to lose the ability to walk properly?

Wilburis
14-03-17, 11:53
Hi

Can anyone explain to me why Im dizzy every time I walk but I am able to boogie to the radio with no dizziness at all?

Im really confused by it.

Thank you xx

Nathand91
14-03-17, 12:56
I wouldn't worry too much if I was you friend. I, myself suffer with the dizzy and off balance feelings that seem all too common in us anxiety sufferers. It seems to be a common complaint when reading the experiences of others. One of the most common ones around it would seem. On the same scale as breathlessness and heart racing. It's just part and parcel I suppose. I'm similar though in that when I play sport the feelings alleviate or disappear altogether. It's quite counterintuitive when you think about it haha. You feel terrible walking and worry you might fall over or whatever, yet when we run around or dance or some sort of activity then the feeling gets better :shrug: What can you do? Haha. Just roll with it and accept it's the anxiety causing it. I've been to neurologists and all sorts for the dizziness. Easily my most severe, disabling symptom. Stay strong :)

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

I wouldn't worry too much if I was you friend. I, myself suffer with the dizzy and off balance feelings that seem all too common in us anxiety sufferers. It seems to be a common complaint when reading the experiences of others. One of the most common ones around it would seem. On the same scale as breathlessness and heart racing. It's just part and parcel I suppose. I'm similar though in that when I play sport the feelings alleviate or disappear altogether. It's quite counterintuitive when you think about it haha. You feel terrible walking and worry you might fall over or whatever, yet when we run around or dance or some sort of activity then the feeling gets better :shrug: What can you do? Haha. Just roll with it and accept it's the anxiety causing it. I've been to neurologists and all sorts for the dizziness. Easily my most severe, disabling symptom. Stay strong :)

Fishmanpa
14-03-17, 13:49
Hi

Can anyone explain to me why Im dizzy every time I walk but I am able to boogie to the radio with no dizziness at all?

Im really confused by it.

Thank you xx

Does that make you "Dizzy Lizzy"? :D

Positive thoughts

Wilburis
14-03-17, 13:51
Fishmanpa

It certainly does! :roflmao::roflmao:

x

Wilburis
28-03-17, 15:34
Hi

Im having really bad trouble walking atm.

Can anxiety do this?

x

Elen
28-03-17, 16:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Ben1989
29-03-17, 09:32
Hi

Im having really bad trouble walking atm.

Can anxiety do this?

x

Is this from your dizziness or from a muscle perspective?

Wilburis
29-03-17, 09:40
Hi

My dizziness.

My anxiety kicks in every time I walk, and then my body seems to freeze up.

Im OK taking the kids to school in the morning, but come the afternoon - that's another story :blush:

I have no troube dancing to the radio, its just walking.

x

Ben1989
29-03-17, 11:26
I suffered dizziness for months with my anxiety. It was more of a 'light-headed/fogginess' rather than room-spinning type dizziness

Wilburis
29-03-17, 11:28
Hi Ben

Yup, that's it - off balance feeling.

Has yours gone?

x

Ben1989
29-03-17, 11:46
Mine has gone, yes. At one point thought it never would but it has.

Since, it pops up here and there but it quickly subsides.

Wilburis
29-03-17, 11:47
Hello

How did you make it go?

x

paranoid-viking
29-03-17, 11:49
Well, we can only answer for our own experiences; but I get a feeling of vbeing "disabled" if I suffer a severe panic atack; feel quite week as if I am going to faint any minute soon; and panic atacks are linked to anxiety.

Wilburis
29-03-17, 11:54
Hi Paranoid-Viking

You've just described how i feel all the time.

I hope you're OK today.

x

paranoid-viking
29-03-17, 11:57
No panic attack today; so far:)
But I am unfortunately not anxiety free.:weep:

Ben1989
29-03-17, 11:58
Hello

How did you make it go?

x

I accepted that it was just anxiety and it went a few weeks later. From my experience anxiety has zero logic, but accepting that it's anxiety is a positive step