PDA

View Full Version : Would you go back to the GP for the 3rd time?

Lollymandy
28-03-17, 15:55
I have been to the GP twice and I am considering going again, I dont really know for what? reassurance again? probably....
I have had what I now think are "ice pick" headaches for 6 months, these are daily headaches which can occur in me, once or several times a day, they are in the same spot, inch above right eyebrow and they last a second maybe 2 seconds, the pain is shooting in nature. One GP said Migraine.........another GP said probably due to banging my head last August??? either way neither GP seemed that concerned and said that they dont sound like dangerous headaches, They are really getting me down now though as they are pretty painful and I am very glad they only last a second. I kind of want to go back to the GP but at the same time I also feel embarrassed.:unsure: I dont feel like I have had a proper diagnosis anyway, I dont believe they can be migraine and neither did the second GP but also I dont believe the pain is due to banging my head 8 months ago, (no where near my forehead btw) Woudl you bite the bullet and return to the GP for the 3rd time or should I try to forget these daily pains :shrug: Thanks in advance

Cakelady
28-03-17, 16:37
I dont know. Have they given any advice on how to manage them, are there triggers like stress or certain foods or bright light etc?
I guess if they were really getting me down I would go & ask how best to deal with them. Its good the doctors arent worried but I can see how annoying the problem must be! xx

ShaunRyder
28-03-17, 16:43
I get these types of headaches regularly, mine seem to be brung on by my job as I spend alot of time on a computer. They don't sound anything to worry about and the doctors both seem not too worried so I woulnd't be concerned about it being anything to worry about, but you could go back just to see how to manage them.

Lollymandy
28-03-17, 17:05
I dont know. Have they given any advice on how to manage them, are there triggers like stress or certain foods or bright light etc?
I guess if they were really getting me down I would go & ask how best to deal with them. Its good the doctors arent worried but I can see how annoying the problem must be! xx

No advice on how to manage them at all and I have tried to work out triggers but not really properly, I may try to keep a diary. Yes every day I am fine and then I get the pain and it almost grounds me, I had a good day yesterday, I didnt get one all day and then last night whilst making dinner I got one:weep: and I just felt really sad. I wish they would go away. I am really glad Dr doesnt seem worried about them, usually if I get things that could be anxiety related once I have had a Dr say its nothing to worry about the "thing" goes, but not this time x

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

I get these types of headaches regularly, mine seem to be brung on by my job as I spend alot of time on a computer. They don't sound anything to worry about and the doctors both seem not too worried so I woulnd't be concerned about it being anything to worry about, but you could go back just to see how to manage them.

I wonder if mine could be work related I am not using a computer that much at work, more at home but my job is quite stressful Thank you for your reply :)

Lollymandy
28-03-17, 21:37
does anybody else get these horrible head pains in the same spot? I am interested to hear others stories. I have only had one pain today, a good day but on a bad day I can get up to 10 shooting pains :unsure: