PDA

View Full Version : Going to the doctor on Monday

ServerError
28-03-17, 16:15
Hi friends,

So I'm seeing my GP on Monday to discuss beginning to taper off the sertraline. Been on it for 13 months now. It sorted me out like you wouldn't believe and has been a bit of a revelation, to be honest. But it's time to start standing on my own two feet again. I feel fine, so if not now, when?

Just thought I'd share. I feel like a changed man these days - very much for the better.

Catherine S
28-03-17, 17:25
That's good to hear Server, a very positive post. Good luck with coming off the med and you'll be just fine i'm sure :yesyes:

ISB

KeeKee
28-03-17, 17:57
Good to hear ServerError. Good luck with the taper.

ServerError
03-04-17, 09:09
So the doctor has told me to go down from 100mg to 50mg a day for two months. Then we'll review it and, if everything's okay, we'll go to 50mg every other day.

I'm feeling positive and looking forward to successfully tapering.

Fishmanpa
03-04-17, 14:17
Best wishes on your taper down SE... Glad to see the progress you've made!

Positive thoughts

ServerError
21-05-17, 21:15
So tomorrow morning, I start my new job. It was October last year when I had to quit working and move back home to Liverpool from London. I'm so pleased to be going back to work.

This week could get even better for me, because I still have an application outstanding for a job I'd rather get. If that one comes off, I really will be in a good place, although it's fine if it doesn't.

I've also continued my taper on sertraline. From 100mg a day, I'm now down to taking 50mg every three days. A huge drop. I've experienced no side effects other than the odd "brain zap", which doesn't bother me. I believe I'll be off the sertraline altogether by the end of the summer, possibly before.

All in all, things have improved massively for me. I've learned so much from my breakdown and am a transformed person. Still a little nervous for tomorrow, though!

Bigboyuk
21-05-17, 21:25
This is wonderful news ServerError on all counts and fantastic that you are gradually coming off the meds :yesyes: Well done and hope it all goes well for you good luck Cheers

ServerError
11-06-17, 18:14
Tomorrow morning, I start my new job. I'm finally going back to work! Spent the last two weeks over in Belfast helping out the company I used to work for, so I know categorically I'm ready for this.

One of the biggest signs of change in me is that the old me would have been anxious and fretting about this new start for a good few weeks. Yet here I am, the evening before, feeling quite excited! I can only put it down to getting the help I needed.

I'm also completely off the sertraline. I tapered quicker than my doctor wanted, which is not something I suggest people do, but I just felt like I didn't need it anymore. In any case, I've had no ill effects whatsoever. I'm doing well!

Fishmanpa
11-06-17, 18:30
Tomorrow morning, I start my new job. I'm finally going back to work! Spent the last two weeks over in Belfast helping out the company I used to work for, so I know categorically I'm ready for this.

One of the biggest signs of change in me is that the old me would have been anxious and fretting about this new start for a good few weeks. Yet here I am, the evening before, feeling quite excited! I can only put it down to getting the help I needed.

I'm also completely off the sertraline. I tapered quicker than my doctor wanted, which is not something I suggest people do, but I just felt like I didn't need it anymore. In any case, I've had no ill effects whatsoever. I'm doing well!

:yesyes: Great to read this! Good going Server!

Positive thoughts

ServerError
19-06-17, 09:58
Today hasn't gone well. Although I've recovered completely from my breakdown, I struggle with social anxiety and a total void where my self-belief should be. This makes starting new jobs really tough. I got through last week, but this morning I called in sick from outside the building. I feel like I've let myself down. I just feel so intimidated by the office, full of people who know each other and know what they're doing.

I know there's an irrationality here. I'll know what I'm doing if I actually go in, and I've always done fine at jobs in the past. I'm intelligent and capable of learning, but sometimes my amygdalas run away with me (literally!).

Really disappointed in myself. Despite all the progress I've made with my health anxiety and finding a more positive attitude, I still have no confidence or belief in myself, and this is how it manifests. I sometimes think I'm not cut out for the world of work...

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-17, 01:48
I think you need to less hard on yourself. You've had a wobble. Yes, it's horrible but it's not an indication of where things go from here. Tomorrow you might walk straight through those doors and be like last week.

These things happen and sometimes over thinking them is just feeding into the trap of negative thinking. So, how about see what the next few days brings? You may be on here saying how you got through it?