PDA

View Full Version : Feeling socially anxious before trip to Aus

Graciemae97
28-03-17, 17:16
Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well. In November I am hoping to take a trip to Australia, and backpack along the east coast... and to tell you the truth... I am petrified.
Over the past few years, I have gone on a number of trips with travel organisations such as Contiki, where you are guaranteed to meet people! But this is my first ever, REAL solo trip, and I'm so worried that my anxiety will get the better of me, and I will be paralysed by fear, unable to make new friends, explore new areas, without feeling that everyone's eyes are on me.
Travelling to Australia is a life long dream, and part of me wants to do this trip, not just because it's on my bucket list, but because I want to be shoved outside my comfort zone.
I'm in two minds whether to travel on my own, and really push myself, or once again take the easy route and go on a Contiki (which actually costs me more money also!)
I would really appreciate some words of wisdom!
Lots of love x

venusbluejeans
28-03-17, 17:21
Hiya Graciemae97 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: