PDA

View Full Version : enlarged liver/spleen worries

purplewitch
28-03-17, 19:58
I'm so fed up with this HA about luekiema.

Last night I was feeling okay,but I started to feel my ribs and stuff,basically giving myself a liver/spleen exam and I kept pressing around looking for it and I feel two lumps on my sides,they kind of feel like muscle but I don't know what it is..are there muscles there? And now my side hurts because of me pressing so hard on it and its making me worry more...

Fishmanpa
28-03-17, 21:41
How can you possibly give yourself a liver/spleen exam? Are you a medical professional? Stop self-examining yourself and poking and prodding and perhaps you won't work yourself up.

Positive thoughts

Cakelady
28-03-17, 22:06
Muscles or floating ribs maybe. But if it wasn't sore till you prodded a bit much, I wouldn't worry :) xx

PASchoolSyndrome
28-03-17, 22:08
Stop pressing around there.

Two lumps could have been your floating ribs too. Sounds crazy I know, but I can feel them when I palpate. But you are not a medical professional trained to feel spleens or livers. Give your abdomen a break!

Toaster
28-03-17, 22:58
My hematologist attempted to palpate my spleen when I was being evaluated for leukemia. I highly doubt one person could replicate what he did. He didn't just poke around. You have to attempt to move it into a position where you could feel it if it was enlarged.

I imagine if you could feel it without doing that, it would be massively enlarged and you would have other symptoms and pretty bad pain. I mean... how many people determine they have Mono from feeling a spleen lump.