PDA

View Full Version : I can't do this anymore

dancerja77
29-03-17, 01:11
My anxiety started about 3 weeks ago when I had a sudden fear of having a groinal response. I don't know why it popped in my head but it did. I'm a nanny and it's hard to have OCD and anxiety because I'm constantly afraid I'm going to hurt them. I love them so much and I know I'm a good person/nanny but my thoughts get the best of me. So anyways, after focusing on that response fear happening around the kids, of course it happened because I was so focused on it not happening. I got over that because I know it's nothing to do with arousal and more to do with fear. So now I have all these sexual intrusive thoughts around the kids because I'm so scared of thinking things like that. I know I'm not a monster, I don't want to think these things but I just do. I don't know what to do about it. I'm depressed and I don't enjoy going over anymore because I'm afraid of what I'm going to think intrusively. I know I'm not my thoughts but I don't understand what's wrong with me. I feel like a sicko and I'm not normal. It's causing me extreme anxiety. I want it all to stop. I feel like if anyone found out they would say I was disgusting which is causing me even more anxiety. Why can't I just be normal. It's the same voice that I hear when I'm dancing and it tells me "you're going to mess up" why does this happen? I hate myself.

up a ladder
29-03-17, 21:45
Hi.
I have just finished reading a book call Pull the Trigger and I bought it for the depression issues it discussed, but there are many chapters on the OCD thought issue of a chap who had similar thoughts to you. My thoughts are anxiety and depression fuelled so they are all aimed at me. As you say though, you are not your thoughts.

Ljj44577
30-03-17, 16:34
I don't have a lot of experience with sexual intrusive thoughts. But I think it is normal to negatively criticize yourself over how you're feeling. I think we all have "prohibited" thoughts. I think the difference is not acting upon them. Thinking certain thoughts is not a bad thing because we can't control our thoughts. However, questioning yourself shows that you care about the safety and well-being of others.