PDA

View Full Version : Todd from Virginia Usa

Wad
29-03-17, 02:05
First thread. I'm a 50 yr old divorced male who recently sold my home to move back in with my parents to help them. Dementia. Myriad of other problems. Not do bad yet. But they are not the mom and dad I used to have. Getting old sucks. Father was hospitalized and I had to stay home with my mom who has dementia and find time to go visit my dad..suddenly Sunday morning I woke up out of sorts like I wasn't I'n my body. Heart racing. Palpitations. Not being able to catch a deep breath but worse of all and totally unknown to me was the total feeling of absolute helplessness and worry over my parents dying and leaving me all alone. Uncontrollable crying when I think about it or talk about it. I'm crying now. Can't help it. Never been this way. I don't know what to do. In my head I'm not going to get any better. I'm going to have this hopeless feeling for the rest of my life. I've had 50 yrs of less than minor anxiety. Now this started Sunday two days ago. God I'm so messed up. I feel so helpless and can't stop crying.

venusbluejeans
29-03-17, 02:13
Hiya Wad and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

snowghost57
29-03-17, 02:17
Hi Todd, I'm from Virginia as well. I've experienced what you are going through. The excessive crying is anxiety and depression. I would call your doctor and see what they recommend. I'm sorry to hear about your parents, that has to be a great stressor in your life.

Fishmanpa
29-03-17, 13:09
VA here too! Having my own health issues and recently dealing with a severe health issue with my wife as well as the loss of a parent (who had dementia although it wasn't her cause of death), I know full well what stress can do to you physically and emotionally. It's incredibly difficult to navigate the everyday aspects life when faced with such challenges.

Find a local dementia/caregiver support group and speak to your doctor about a meds and/or referral for therapy to help you better cope with the enormous responsibilities and life changing events taking place in your life.

Positive thoughts