PDA

View Full Version : Loss of appetite and losing weight worried about stomach cancer

TueMan
29-03-17, 04:20
I've just been on google to search about weight loss and loss of appetite. Most signs point to cancer of stomach and that loss of weight is in the advanced stage. I'm very worried and my anxiety is very high right now.

I've booked my GP for this Thursday but I'm so worried.

I don't have other symptoms that points to stomach cancer but it says stomach cancer can be hard to catch because of very few symptoms. It says average age of detection is 65 or was it 69. I'm 35 right now and I'm worried I have it. I am so scared I have no one to talk about it except my wife. She says I'm overthinking and that my loss of weight was from our recent hong kong trip which we did much more walking than usual. When I got back from
Hong Kong exactly 2 weeks ago I got the cold/cough and I'm basically almost all healed from the cold. My loss of appetite I began noticing was right when I came back from Hong Kong.

Might be linked due to my cold, and everything but his dreaded sense of doom inside me thinks this time it's real. :(. I think my anxiety might have got a tad better as I typed this post :)

Cakelady
29-03-17, 08:45
Hi, you've been unwell & been away. Both things can affect your appetite & weight. I'm sure there would be some other symptoms too. Don't listen to Google, you can put in broken nail & it'll tell you you have a fatal illness. Very best wishes xx

paranoid-viking
29-03-17, 11:56
You are too young to have stomach cancer. Stomach problem is common after being on a long journey and experience change of diet.
If you lost weight it is obviously because of what you said: you walked more than usual? And I guess since you been to HK I guess that you basically ate Chinese food which is more nutrious than Western food. No?

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Hi, you've been unwell & been away. Both things can affect your appetite & weight. I'm sure there would be some other symptoms too. Don't listen to Google, you can put in broken nail & it'll tell you you have a fatal illness. Very best wishes xx

Yeah; screw Dr. Google. If you only listen to that unreliable "doctor"; you would believe that anytime you get a little stomach pain it is of to the doctor to screen for cancer. The same "doc" never informs you that stomach indeed is THE most sensitive part of a human body.

Fishmanpa
29-03-17, 12:48
You have a perfectly rational reason for losing a few pounds and not having an appetite but choose to think cancer even when Dr. Google itself points you away from it due to the age factor?

I'm sure your doctor will tell you the same ;)

Positive thoughts