PDA

View Full Version : Day 10 of 40mg

pollynewsome
29-03-17, 19:47
Oh boy! Can't stop clenching jaw.. so frustrating and painful. Heightend anxiety and starving. All in all feel pretty bad. Hope to see improvement real soon.

panic_down_under
29-03-17, 21:56
Can't stop clenching jaw.. so frustrating and painful. Heightend anxiety and starving.

Ask your GP to prescribe diazepam (Valium) for a week or two for the teeth clenching. Diazepam is a good muscle relaxant which should ease the muscle contraction side of the problem, plus it will also ease anxiety which may be the main driver of the clenching (a short-term SSRI induced drop in brain dopamine levels may also be a factor).

As for the starving, I've heard eating food is a good treatment, though it's apparently not a permanent cure. :winks: Is there some reason you're not eating? Nausea, diarrhoea, stomach issues, perhaps? Or are you eating and still feeling hungry all the time?

pollynewsome
30-03-17, 06:03
Hello. Still eating and just don't feel full.. can you believe I have put 7 pound on in 8 days....wth! Thanks for the advice as always. X

panic_down_under
30-03-17, 11:37
Still eating and just don't feel full.. can you believe I have put 7 pound on in 8 days

That is unusual. Citalopram is generally weight neutral. If hunger and weight gain haven't been a problem at lower doses then it is likely to be only a short-term effect. However, if it continues ask your doctor about switching to escitalopram (Lexapro). While they are essentially the same med they can produce slightly different side-effects so it is possible hunger won't be an issue with escitalopram. Switching between them is usually uneventful.