PDA

View Full Version : Weird sensations.

purplewitch
29-03-17, 23:56
(sorry I make a lot of posts a day.)

I know that anxiety can cause symptoms such as nausea,heart palpatations,dizziness and such but have they ever implemented into physical pain,or am I overreaction to simple body functions that usually happen but I didn't realize at the time? For example:

I've been really stressed with my HA (its been going on for four months nonstop,been to doctors,had 3 blood tests done,came back fine..health anxiety goes on) anyway,I have these certain pains in my leg,usually the knees,shins and feet,they come and go..I don't even know what to make of them,they kind of feel like buzzing sensations but they also feel throbbing and painful. It doesn't help my leukiema fear as I've searched that pain happens in the bones...I don't even know if its bone pain! But my mind says it is.

I've also gotten pins and needles in my hands/feet. I can pinpoint those things to anxiety as well but not so much the shin and knee pain... :weep:

Mindprison
30-03-17, 00:08
Hi purplewitch

Anxiety can trigger all kinds of aches and pains. Usually it's caused by tension and can produce symptoms like buzzing, throbbing, numbness and tingling as well as pain.

I also suffer from knee and shin pain and also the occasional joint pain. I'm double jointed though so I think the pain is caused by that plus hypersensitivity from severe anxiety.

Leukemia is extremely unlikely and even less likely considering you've had your blood tested 3 times, if anything sinister was going on it would show in your bloods.

Are you getting any help with your anxiety? Meds or therapy?

purplewitch
30-03-17, 00:25
Hi purplewitch

Anxiety can trigger all kinds of aches and pains. Usually it's caused by tension and can produce symptoms like buzzing, throbbing, numbness and tingling as well as pain.

I also suffer from knee and shin pain and also the occasional joint pain. I'm double jointed though so I think the pain is caused by that plus hypersensitivity from severe anxiety.

Leukemia is extremely unlikely and even less likely considering you've had your blood tested 3 times, if anything sinister was going on it would show in your bloods.

Are you getting any help with your anxiety? Meds or therapy?

I'm getting help with my anxiety,and I'm also on 10mg Paxil. I would like to get Cognitive Behavioural Therapy though

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Also,I dont know if this makes sense but,while in bouts of my fear of course I look things up,I haven't really done that that much now but whenever I look something up,I feel like it happens to me.Not right then and there but after a few days..is this anxiety as well?

Leslie735
30-03-17, 01:38
Im struggling with this myself right now but in a different part of my body. My lady parts. :( I'm terrified it's something I read about.

Mindprison
30-03-17, 15:08
Anxiety mimics symptoms of more serious conditions. As for feeling like you have something after reading about it, it's all anxiety. Your health anxiety is causing you to look for things wrong with you and you'll start noticing sensations, aches and pains that are perfectly normal in a healthy person.

I think CBT is a good idea, it's better to stop the intrusive thoughts sooner rather than later. Once you treat the underlying problem (the anxiety) the symptoms you feel will also stop.

mary jane
05-06-17, 21:33
Im struggling with this myself right now but in a different part of my body. My lady parts. :( I'm terrified it's something I read about.
Hi, I have buzzing, tingling and crawling under the skin sensation,electric feelings ,etc etc ..take magnesium supplements, they will make the buzzing go away ...you can also try epsom salt baths they are GREAT for relaxation :)

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

(sorry I make a lot of posts a day.)

I know that anxiety can cause symptoms such as nausea,heart palpatations,dizziness and such but have they ever implemented into physical pain,or am I overreaction to simple body functions that usually happen but I didn't realize at the time? For example:

I've been really stressed with my HA (its been going on for four months nonstop,been to doctors,had 3 blood tests done,came back fine..health anxiety goes on) anyway,I have these certain pains in my leg,usually the knees,shins and feet,they come and go..I don't even know what to make of them,they kind of feel like buzzing sensations but they also feel throbbing and painful. It doesn't help my leukiema fear as I've searched that pain happens in the bones...I don't even know if its bone pain! But my mind says it is.

I've also gotten pins and needles in my hands/feet. I can pinpoint those things to anxiety as well but not so much the shin and knee pain... :weep:
Hey, buzzing sensations are something I get too..best and quickest way to stop this is taking magnesium supplements and ignoring it ..if you ignore it it goes away faster..I distract myself by watching a funny tv series in the evenings...
I empathise about the health anxiety, I thought at one point I must have ovarian cancer, I even paid out of my pocket for scans.. it turned out to be IBS..the IBS is gone as well now ... it's pretty funny if I think about it now

Leslie735
06-06-17, 18:43
Thank you Mary! I will try the baths. :)