PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Wanna Relapse Again. Help!

MariMari19
30-03-17, 04:47
Hi everyone!

So, I have never had headaches in my life, my mom gets migraines sometimes and my sister gets them frequently. Well, last year I go a bad one. around, October 2015, It felt like my left eye was gonna fall off. Then like, maybe in August 2016 I got a visual aura. My left eye could just not see. My mom panicked and took me to the ER. They took a CT scan and found nothing. They told me it was just a migraine. Ive never had one like that so of course me and my mom were worried.

Ok so here comes the meat and potatoes:

These last two weeks have been really stressful. My sleep schedule got thrown off, and I was only sleeping for 2 ish hours for like 3 days. Then I had 4 exams back to back so...in total I had like 4 or 5 days where I had little to no sleep.

Until yesterday I think my body had enough and got the flu.
It started with a sore throat, it was so dry it hurt to breathe. then a runny nose, I was vomiting all my food. I was super achey.

This with the fact still had 2 exams left made me stressed (My professor was kind enough to excuse me for the day thank God) So I rested today. I feel much much better.

But here is the problem. I have this headache. It has been there for I think maybe a day before I got very sick, it hurts in my left side mostly. Its not TOO painful but its just there, its annoying and sometimes it does kinda hurt a bit. It feels like pressure, sometimes when I stand up it feels a bit better, of when I lay on one side it feels worse.

Ever since my last big migraine in 2016 Ive been getting them a bit more frequently. not big ones but small like pressure aches that are just annoying. They are so small that Im not sure when they stop hurting or if i just don't notice that it hurts. Probably they stop hurting.

But of course Im convinced its a tumor. And Im gonna die.

I heard that a lot of people's migraines started in their teens or in University years. I am 19 years old so maybe thats it?

I also have the Mirena IUD which I heard can give you headaches.

Any help would be SUPER apperciated

katniss
30-03-17, 05:02
I currently have sinuses issues and my sinus headache feels like yours. The left side of my headaches just hurts. Especially my right eye and eyebrow. I doubt you have a tumor especially with a clean CT scan not so long ago. Your lack of sleep and stress can all cause crazy physical symptoms as well

pablo0977
30-03-17, 13:06
Headaches are a bugger, but they are so often stress/anxiety, exhaustion, and or sinus related. Try to trust in your GP to get to the bottom of this. Anxiety will not help and may worsen your condition. Work on that in the meantime.