PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland...

pixiegirl82
30-03-17, 14:14
Hi folks I've been a long time lurker but I've decided to bite the bullet and join the forum.

I'm 35 years old and I guess I've always had anxiety/depression I remember feeling this grey cloud over me from when I was a teenager. Anyhow 6 six years ago I lost my mother very suddenly and it knocked the wind out of me completely after that my dad took very ill and became a heavy drinker to fill the void of loss my mum had left. It has been a tempestuous time for me to say the least..my partner has been very unsupportive and I feel in a way he contributes to my illness, I get told to 'get over myself' on a regular basis.

Since all of this turmoil I've been put on Citalopram and Buspirone to help me tackle my issues. I actually stopped Citalopram a while back because it made me feel terrible but I still take Buspirone as my anxiety is really quite bad at this moment in time.

I am struggling at work, my sleep patterns are all over the place and I just feel my heart is heavy and I get no joy from anything. I just want to run away Forrest Gump style and never look back. God, don't I sound a bundle of laughs don't I :unsure:

Anyhow I'm a big movie and TV geek, love a good Podcast. My favourite colour is purple and I like to think of myself as a kind hearted person who would be there for anyone should they need me.

I hope to get to know you better and I hope we can all help each other. Again sorry if I came across a negative nelly but I figured it's best to be honest.

venusbluejeans
30-03-17, 14:22
Hiya pixiegirl82 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

pixiegirl82
30-03-17, 14:24
Thanks so much I'm going to have a gander right now :)