PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever experience jerks or myoclonus

pablo0977
30-03-17, 16:28
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share there experience with jerks and myoclonus. I am a bundle of twitches and jerks right now and I am trying to get a sense of what anxiety can cause. I am not talking about bubbling feelings or fasciculatios. I am talking about bilateral jerks while sitting or laying down.

NancyW
30-03-17, 16:53
Hummm... how do you know a word like "myoclonus"? You haven't been googling have you ? Or are you medically trained? Just asking because I don't believe a person that doesn't have medical training wold know what that means.. or be able to diagnose it.

That said.. there are LOADS of people here who are twitching. Anyone ever think that the stress on our body from anxiety and obsessing on it is causing the twitching?

pablo0977
30-03-17, 17:54
Hummm... how do you know a word like "myoclonus"? You haven't been googling have you ? Or are you medically trained? Just asking because I don't believe a person that doesn't have medical training wold know what that means.. or be able to diagnose it.

That said.. there are LOADS of people here who are twitching. Anyone ever think that the stress on our body from anxiety and obsessing on it is causing the twitching?

If I hadn't googled in the past I wouldn't be here :)

I want hear what anxiety is capable of, not confirm my darkest suspicions. Trying to claw my way out of this.

Fishmanpa
30-03-17, 18:06
there are LOADS of people here who are twitching. Anyone ever think that the stress on our body from anxiety and obsessing on it is causing the twitching?

I want hear what anxiety is capable of, not confirm my darkest suspicions. Trying to claw my way out of this.

It's pretty obvious what anxiety is capable of. Just read a few threads ;) That being said, isn't this just indirect reassurance seeking?

Positive thoughts

pablo0977
30-03-17, 18:33
I suppose it is. In the past I have convinced myself that I have a condition, but haven't managed to get myself so wound up that I felt uncoordinated and occasionally jerked involuntarily. Even a healthy mind has the capacity for fear and the desire to seek reassurance. Do I think it is a coincidence that I am manifesting the symptoms of a disease I fear more than anything? A disease that would mean that the year and a half I have spent living apart from my family because of this country's ridiculous Visa policy was a waste of what little time I had with them. A disease that would ruin my wife's fragile state of mind? No I suppose it isn't a coincidence. I am completely terrified of missing any more time with them. I am angry that I had to be away from them in the first place. And now with the end in sight (one month left) I start feeling distant, I start twitching, and I start feeling that I am going to miss more time with them. So yeah! I am seeking reassurance. Yes it is illogical and yes it fits the pattern to a T.

I see what you are doing Fishmanpa and I appreciate it. You are forcing me to face what this is.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

I AM f*ckin Terrified and I am ready to admit that.