PDA

View Full Version : Limb Weakness

Ben1989
30-03-17, 18:52
Anybody ever had weakness in their arms or legs through anxiety? I have what I thought was perceived weakness but today I played football for the first time in a good while and fell over a few times

When I did a skill and put a lot of strain on my right leg (where my perceived weakness is) it gave way. Felt like jelly but I've never had it where it actually gave way.

Getting a bit worried now. I have ALS fears too

(Mods: please don't move this thread as I'd like to keep the subject specific)

Elen
30-03-17, 19:02
The reason your threads get merged is to allow posters to see your history and to see the replies that have already been given.

This is still relating your ALS fears does actually belong on the same thread.

ElectricAlice
30-03-17, 19:07
I get it in my left arm and have decided (most of the time as I fear things too!) that it's down to muscle tension or a trapped nerve...

Ben1989
30-03-17, 19:17
I get it in my left arm and have decided (most of the time as I fear things too!) that it's down to muscle tension or a trapped nerve...

Mine is constant Alice. Is yours intermittent?

I understand Ellen but sometimes people refrain from sharing their experiences from the thread title

Fishmanpa
30-03-17, 19:44
It is still relating to your ALS fears. You know the reality. Tests have definitively proven you don't have ALS. You're so tuned into every little normal physical function that your anxiety turns every normal bodily niggle into something serious. It's just not :shrug: You wouldn't have even been able to play football if that were the case and the falling over? Well... it's been a while like you said so?..... no biggie you klutz! :)

And yeah... I do agree with Elen in keeping it under the same umbrella. I hope you find a way to keep yourself from constantly getting wet ;)

Positive thoughts

Ben1989
31-03-17, 11:13
I understand what you're saying but I still have that little bit in me that thinks maybe it is because the neuro never checked my leg, at all.

I was fine with my leg thinking it was perceived weakness but when playing my leg actually gave way because it didn't have the strength(?) to hold itself up.

I was fine doing the skills before my 'weakness'. The last time I played was probably October

Fishmanpa
31-03-17, 12:56
I understand what you're saying but I still have that little bit in me that thinks.......

Yep... you're deep in the hole and the rabbit has vacated the premises :(

Good luck to you and as always...

Positive thoughts

Josh1234
31-03-17, 14:58
Agreed, don't pollute the board, keep it in one thread.

Oh, and every time I watch a football game, PROFESSIONALS fall down repeatedly. Do you consider yourself above them somehow, that youd be immune to this?

There is nothing anyone can say anymore. Go get therapy, take meds/up the dose. Nothing else to say here, tbh.