PDA

View Full Version : Hep c from touching bio hazard bag????

Megan99
30-03-17, 21:44
My friend was interning at the hospital where she was carrying a bio hazard bag that contained hep C fluids inside. I shared food with her and now I keep wondering if I could have possibly gotten the disease from saliva or something. Could she have gotten the disease from touching the bag???? Sorry this is probably a really stupid question.....

MyNameIsTerry
30-03-17, 23:00
The thing to remember here is that managing bio hazardous waste is bread & butter to the medical profession. They will be trained to follow strict health & safety guidelines and the importance of following them will be drummed into them early on.

So, unless your friend ignored strict guidelines, you're fine. And also remember that it's a sealed bag for a reason which your friend surely didn't open? And whoever filled that bag would have been wearing gloves at the time as it's very important to keep the infected fluids on the inside of the bag.

YoungHon
31-03-17, 09:58
You cannot get Hep C from saliva or from just touching something. In order to get it the virus must enter your bloodstream. If Hep C could be passed by saliva, then it would be way more common than it is.

Phuzella
31-03-17, 14:28
It's very hard to catch Hep C. I know this from personal experience. Don't worry about it :)