PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and emetophobic!

Lizzie1975
26-04-07, 17:18
Hi,

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have a real fear of feeling/being sick and am struggling. Unlike my last pregnancy (8 years ago) where I was sick once or twice every morning before I ate which somehow I managed to cope with, this time it's evening and night plus it wakes me up!! This is the worst time for me - i hate feeling so sick in the night, brings back childhood fears and the actual feeling of feeling sick terrifies me. It's like I go to a surreal irrational place in my mind that i'm not in control of and i absolutely hate it and can't stop it.

I just can't wait for the twelve weeks to be over, I am so very glad i'm pregnant and knew this bit would be the hardest but hate feeling like this :sad:

Lizzie x

Dshell
26-04-07, 20:15
Congratulation Lizzie!!!!

I can sympathise whole heartedly with the emetophobia bit but dont have any children (it is the one thing that scares me the most about being pregnant but at the same time i want a big family!!)

Have you spoken to your midwife about what can help? Just a few suggestions for you - eating little and often and wearing motion sickness bands. Give them a try and see if it helps!!

Also, when you are feeling bad, just remember that it is a really positive sign that you have a strong pregnancy as it is the homone that is sustaining the baby before the placenta takes over that makes you feel sick!

Hope that helps,

DShell

LucidExistance
05-05-07, 16:17
Hello Lizzie,

Congrats on the baby!

I hope your feeling ok and the emet is staying away!

I havent myself had a baby, but I do suffer from emet and know that anything making me feel unwell really does make me panic and my mind is off else where for the legnth of time I feel unwell, its hard to cope with I know!

You WILL get there though, and look back on this and your beautiful child, thinking it was all worth it :)

Not long to go now if you think in relation to the ammount of time you have already got through, so well done!

Take Care

x

P.S PM me if you need a chat!

Lizzie1975
08-05-07, 18:36
Aw thank you so much for your replies. I was only actually sick once in the morning a couple of weeks ago, thankfully before I'd eaten. It's eased off a lot now - hopefully for good but who knows? I'm doing Ok but sometimes my irrational fears just take over and I am filled with the fear again, hopefully it'll stay at bay now - please!!!

Thanks again,

Lizzie xxx

Karen
08-05-07, 18:46
Hi Lizzie

I am glad the sickness is easing hun and I hope you feel a bit better :hugs:

Keep reminding yourself why you are dealing this. It will be worth it as I know how long you have waited for this.

Look after yourself :hugs:

Karen xx