PDA

View Full Version : Called 911 this morning

desertraven
31-03-17, 16:40
OMG I am so embarrassed. I've been having episodes of tachycardia and though I think logically somewhere in my brain I know that this is a common symptom of anxiety I keep thinking something is wrong with my heart. This morning I woke up to get my son ready for school and felt a skipped a beat and then checked my pulse and it was like 116. I was nauseous, sweating, and felt discomfort in my chest. My 11-year-old son actually insisted I call 911 because I'm sure I scared him. The firemen came and did a EKG and rapid assessment and what do you know everything was normal:blush:

I have had a chest x-ray, a D dimer, and and 2 EKGs in the past two weeks to assess my shortness of breath and discomfort in my chest. Everything has turned out normal. About three years ago due to family history I saw a cardiologist and Had a stress test, a stress echocardiogram, and EKG and the cardiologist gave me the all clear that everything turned out good. My triglycerides are low and my good cholesterol is in the high range so I know this puts me at much less risk of coronary artery disease but that voice inside my head still says what if you have some blockage brewing.

I just started on Prozac this week, I have Xanax in case, and left a message for psychologist to schedule an appointment. Beyond those things what else can I do to convince myself and I'm not going to die every day? I'm really starting to to detest myself at this point. I know that I need help.

pablo0977
31-03-17, 18:36
Don't detest yourself, detest that part of yourself. Sounds like you are well on your way to confronting this for what it is. Good luck.

Ethansmom
31-03-17, 18:40
Don't feel too bad. You did the right thing. I did the EXACT same thing a month ago- in fact, I called them twice in two weeks. The second time I was taken by ambulance (in front of my son). The paramedics asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital since my pulse was going from 90-140. I believe (hoping it was just a panic attack). Don't dwell on it like I am. It will make you more anxious.

adventurine
31-03-17, 19:07
Don't feel bad! You were just doing what you felt was right for you. You've been through a lot of tests by the sounds of it and all's well. If it helps, maybe ask your doctor for a print out in laymens terms what your tests were and that they were all normal so whenever you go into a panic, you can look at the papers that gave you the all clear? It's just a thought, but if you talk to your doctor about it they should understand where your coming from :)

Hypomean
01-04-17, 02:33
I have heart fears and through my research I have read and personally seen that a heart rate of 100-130 is a normal while walking around. Even the simple thing from sitting to standing can make it reach those numbers.
Prozac helped me for the time I took it. It takes a couple weeks to kick in fully and it's worth it. For financial reasons I had to stop it :(.