PDA

View Full Version : Naegleria fowleri

Ruby777
31-03-17, 20:12
Hi everyone ,

I used to have major health anxiety about two years ago and fortunately it was somewhat under control in the past year or so ..until today

When I took a shower two days ago , a little bit of water went in my nose and now I'm actually terrified of the brain eating amoebae .

Today I had the worst headache and I feel nauseous . I was sick earlier .. sorry TMI. And I ate dinner and I feel like my sense of taste is not there .

I know all of these are symptoms of this bacteria 😭

I'm trying to calm myself down but it's not working ... and i still feel sick . I don't know what to do

ServerError
31-03-17, 20:16
Shower water going up your nose will not do you any harm. End of story. This infection tends to come from stagnant, standing water such as ponds and swamps making its way into the far back of the nose. Not shower water. You're absolutely fine.

Fishmanpa
31-03-17, 20:29
Shower water going up your nose will not do you any harm. End of story.

Exactly... Zombies on the other hand are rather fond of brains ;) Both scenarios equal in probability.

Positive thoughts

Ruby777
03-04-17, 23:01
Thank you for your answers and support. I know really well my thoughts tend to spin out of control and I start panicking.

I have headaches still. Right on top of my right eye. And I've been feeling quite sick these past few days. I'm trying to remain calm and not panic.:weep:

NancyW
03-04-17, 23:09
If shower water was a way to get this, we'd ALL have it.

Is there anyone who has not gotten shower water up their nose ?