PDA

View Full Version : Cmht Monday!

normalwisdom
26-04-07, 20:20
I have an appointment with the Community Mental Health Team on Monday......about my driving and anxiety and maybe looking into CBT.

Apparently in this area it is very hard to get CBT but I will try......think I will lay it on with a trowel:winks: . I have to drive there too which I can do but find it very hard as the place I am going to is the main cause of anx..so if I turn up a complete wreck then all to the good I suppose:blush: . I am already planning my journey!.....that blummin anticipation again!:ohmy: Going to go straight from work and park in Tescos...lol yes we have one here too...its quite far from the hospital but I don't think I would cope with that car park:blush: .

I will keep you updated on how it goes...if I get there:blush: :D

belle
26-04-07, 20:37
Good luck with that!

Sarah x

nomorepanic
26-04-07, 20:40
Steph

Good luck!

Hopefully they will help you as much as they helped me!

happyone
26-04-07, 20:46
Good luck!
I had to giggle when you said

..so if I turn up a complete wreck then all to the good I suppose:blush:

When I had an occupational health meeting in january, I was in such a state when I got there, having a panic, I didn't need to do any convincing of my inability to do my work at that moment in time. The poor woman was having to calm me down!

You will be fine, but laying it on with a trowel is not a bad idea if it is hard to get CBT in yur area.

happyone
xx

Karen
26-04-07, 20:59
Hi Steph

Good luck for Monday.

Quote the NICE guidelines at them which state that CBT is the preferred and most effective therapy for panic and anxiety.

Karen x

honeybee3939
26-04-07, 22:10
Hi Steph

Wishing you good luck for Monday hun, hope all goes well!:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

xjlmummy
26-04-07, 22:28
Yep, me too and I know just what you mean about driving there and being a complete wreck.

I'm sure the fact you've got this first appointment is really hopeful, you've got past the first barrier.

Let us know how it goes.

:hugs:
S.x

Piglet
26-04-07, 23:05
Good luck hun.

Love Piglet :flowers:

normalwisdom
30-04-07, 19:47
Well I went, I was an hour early but had my crossword book.....I am always early for everything:blush:

The meeting went ok....apparently I am not "bad" enough to be under the community team, which is good lol. I met a really nice lady and had a chat she asked the usual questions.....I was so confident lol bet she thought she was wasting her time!:ohmy:

Anyway she is going to put me on to the cbt people in the town near me can't wait!!!! Has to be private though:mad: but who cares!!!! it was so nice to talk to someone that understood, the only other one I can talk to is hubby and some of you lot lol:D.

BTW Nic she actually recommended going on line and looking for help LOL said....mmmmm been there done that haha. But had never heard of this site!!!! So think she will be popping in soon!!:winks:

TBH I felt a bit of a fraud because I can go places and do things unlike some other people but I want to do more and she understood that which was nice to hear but because I am not totally ruining my life she can't help too much.

So blummin did it feel like I am getting somewhere now....

Thanks for listening:wacko:

nomorepanic
30-04-07, 20:09
Steph

Glad it went well mate :hugs:

At least you feel as though you are getting somewhere now.

Maybe if she comes on here she will want to refer others as well.

If she wants any leaflets I can post you some.

Pleased it went well though and don't feel like a fraud atall. Remember that I did my CBT for driving but I still drive everywhere i just needed the added support and advice.

normalwisdom
30-04-07, 20:15
Thanks Nic:hugs: what a mate:D I will send you my address for the leaflets think it would help she recommended nopanic but I said well yes but there is a better one LOL:blush:

EDIT!!! I am not putting nopanic down just saying this is better for me EDIT!!!

normalwisdom
01-05-07, 20:36
Ok another update. Sorry but it helps me to have things down "on paper" lol:blush:

I phoned my doctor this morning to book a phone appointment...we can do that here:yesyes: .... tbh for me to do that is brave.... the lady I spoke to wanted to up my citalopram because apparently 20mg isn't enough for a panic disorder. So wanted to know how to go about that...if I wanted to... he wasn't happy lol. He said "have you been having more panic attacks?" I said "no" oh get me lol my english teacher would be proud..maybe not lol. He said "if it ain't broke don't fix it" wow:ohmy: He has also "discussed me" with his other doctors and the have recommended 'self help books'. mmmmm been there done that. He was so nice and I see him again in June.

Right the reason for this rant is that I actually went to town today..I was told yesterday how good I was for JFDoing IT lol and today the doctor said you are doing fine am I that egotistical because I have people bothering is that my problem?

Where did that come from?
Really is it a pat on the back that I need coz it really does help:blush: