PDA

View Full Version : short term use

braindead
01-04-17, 10:35
my shrink is on holiday and i was supposed to have an increase in my main med,i am feeling pretty bad at the moment. I have been on 2and a half olanzapine for a long time , if i was to raise it to 5mg would it take effect straight away with the med already in my body or would it take weeks like start up:scared15::scared15::scared15:

panic_down_under
01-04-17, 11:31
if i was to raise it to 5mg would it take effect straight away with the med already in my body or would it take weeks like start up

Depends on what you want it to do. It can have a rapid affect on anxiety, agitation and racing thoughts, but may take some days for psychosis.

braindead
01-04-17, 12:00
thanks its anxiety:)

panic_down_under
01-04-17, 22:01
thanks its anxiety:)

Then the increased dose may begin having an effect within 30-45 minutes, though as with everything involving psych meds, YMMV. Please post the outcome.

braindead
02-04-17, 10:07
Then the increased dose may begin having an effect within 30-45 minutes, though as with everything involving psych meds, YMMV. Please post the outcome.
I took 5mg night with, not much reaction so am going to take 1 tab night 1 morning , the reaction with 5mg at night was negative if not worse hitting and making it worse on the depressive side , and i was hoping for anxiety help :scared15:

thanks for your post

braindead
11-05-17, 12:42
Depends on what you want it to do. It can have a rapid affect on anxiety, agitation and racing thoughts, but may take some days for psychosis.

thanks for this answer