PDA

View Full Version : Trigger warning) Triggered by a Facebook article, now totally panicked please read

One_phobic_gal
01-04-17, 15:44
So last night I read this Facebook article about a guy who went to the ER one night and was having massive anxiety, the staff thought he was just panicking but still tested his heart since he kept saying he was going to die. His tests were all fine. The next morning he was still worked up and refused to move from where he was, said if he moved he would die. They turned him on his side to calm him and then he actually coded! And died!
So naturally I didn't sleep last night, I was so worked up wondering if I was having an intuition like he had :weep:
I'm so upset at myself for reading this article because now I know every time I panic I'll think that something really is wrong with me. I now feel ill for no reason probably because I'm worked up but my mind is racing wondering if in all my DR visits they've missed something. Facebook can really suck for us sufferers sometimes :(

pablo0977
01-04-17, 16:26
How many thousands of people are here complaining of similar symptoms that haven't keeled over? It's a million to one chance. If your luck is that bad there's nothing you could do about it anyway. I mean if the story is true (and not some troll screwing with people) he was in the ER and they couldn't help him. That guy was DOA when he woke up that morning. If you could talk to him the day before would you tell him to worry and panic or enjoy his last day? After all, if the story is true, his panic didn't save him. It may have made things worse. So what's the moral of the story? Enjoy what time you have and take care of yourself mentally and physically. The rest is out of your hands.

Kb97
02-04-17, 03:53
Hey,
Personally from what you've described, the article does sound pretty fake to me and if it was on Facebook I doubt it's come from a reliable source. Possibly an article to trigger people and if it wasn't then it's an extremely rare case. If it was something to do with his heart I definitely believe it would've come up on the tests so you never know it could've been another underlying condition. I see articles like what you've described all the time, if it hasn't come from a reliable news site do not believe it.

paranoid-viking
02-04-17, 12:46
How do you come across such horror stories? I mean really. Does it comes from Facebook friends? If any FB friends of mine post such shit I will remove them from the friends list woothout warning.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Hey,
Personally from what you've described, the article does sound pretty fake to me and if it was on Facebook I doubt it's come from a reliable source. Possibly an article to trigger people and if it wasn't then it's an extremely rare case. If it was something to do with his heart I definitely believe it would've come up on the tests so you never know it could've been another underlying condition. I see articles like what you've described all the time, if it hasn't come from a reliable news site do not believe it.

From the British tabloid The Daily Drivel perhaps?;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

dmc1892
03-04-17, 11:52
the thing is a lot of these articles on FB aren't true , so don't read into it too much

unsure_about_this
03-04-17, 17:23
I dont use Facebook, as it stops me worrying about these type of stories. I find it annoying sometimes when people post things like photos so have to sometimes look at my mums, family dont return the favour of looking at my blog for the same amount of time as it not been posted on Faceook and refused