PDA

View Full Version : Tried to commit suicide today just looking for a chat really

davey2k12
01-04-17, 19:32
After many many visits to the emergency room with chest pains jaw pains arm pains etc I have been seen by the mental health team after attempting suicide it's been a horrible few weeks they assure me that my symptoms are panic related but they will just not subside and I had enough it just got too much I for me I am now under supervision so we will see how that goes they also did a referral to an organisation in our area called nups they deal with people who have unexplained physical symptoms anyway I'm back home now and it would be nice to hear from people that have had relentless physical symptoms how did you manage to deal with it before it all became too much. Thanks for listening take care dave

Cakelady
01-04-17, 20:14
I'm sorry things have got so hard for you, i really hope things get better soon xx

Clydesdale Epona
01-04-17, 20:27
I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through dave, i was once in your position and i too suffer from relentless physical symptoms, i know it can be hard and i just wanted to say i'm proud at how well you're doing :) if you need to talk properly you can always message me day or night and i'll be happy to reply as soon as i see it x

All the best :hugs:

Fishmanpa
01-04-17, 20:31
Sorry to hear this :( I hope you get the help you need.

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
01-04-17, 22:11
i can see where anxiety can push ne this far to the point where death seems like the better option, howver i can assure you death is not the answer. i have dealt with health anxiety for 6 or 7 years and the thought of suicide has crossed my mind on more than a few occasions but i never actually considered it i just imagined it which in my eyes is just as bad because you know somethings wrong if youre imagining suicide all the time. but things do get better you just have to accept the fact people gets aches and pains some people get them frequently with no real explanation. i get radiating arm pains often and some chest wall discomfort i had heart tests done i have a healthy heart so im not sure what it could be other than maybe a pinched nerve somewhere. i also get lower back discomfort which also may be tied to my shoulder and the possible pinched nerve. dont take the suicide route please, in a few years hopefully you will be smiling and be full of happiness and look back on this and say im so glad i didnt take that route. good luck and best of wishes to you and stay strong and keep pushing forward this nightmare has a end we just have to endure it in the meantime. just remember, there are people out there that is really sick and that they would trade places with you anyday.

Catherine S
01-04-17, 22:36
If I asked my husband...who doesn't suffer from health anxiety...to sit down quietly in his armchair and examine himself from the top of his head to his toes, he'd be able to list all the aches, pains, heartbeats, stomach noises, cramped muscles etc etc etc. He'd then tell me how surprised he was that his body was creaking and groaning so much because mostly he was unaware of it.

I on the other hand...being an old hand at health anxiety after 40 plus years, am constantly aware of what every part of my body is doing both inside and out at any given time of the day or night. But don't get me wrong, I don't dwell on this like I once did. I hope you eventually reach that place too.

I'm sorry your fears brought you down to as dark a place as they did. Now the only way is up.

Take care
Be safe
ISB x

Leslie735
02-04-17, 02:48
Praying for you!!

Lucinda07
02-04-17, 09:42
Sorry to read your story & that you felt there was no hope.
Try your best to keep calm with exercise/meditation & eating well. There are many people on this site with similar problems to yourself who can support you. Keep checking in for advice and a chat. I wish you well:)

anx mum
02-04-17, 10:58
After many many visits to the emergency room with chest pains jaw pains arm pains etc I have been seen by the mental health team after attempting suicide it's been a horrible few weeks they assure me that my symptoms are panic related but they will just not subside and I had enough it just got too much I for me I am now under supervision so we will see how that goes they also did a referral to an organisation in our area called nups they deal with people who have unexplained physical symptoms anyway I'm back home now and it would be nice to hear from people that have had relentless physical symptoms how did you manage to deal with it before it all became too much. Thanks for listening take care dave

Hi dave I am the same at the moment its a living hell been getting horrible pains in chest and shoulder and arm because of my symptoms I'm thinking its heart related pain:weep:. Have u had any tests dave? My heart goes out to u if it wasent for my kids I would b the same. Feel like theres no help out there. What do your pains feel like do they spread? I'm here if u wanna chat. xx

up a ladder
02-04-17, 12:26
Dave.
Glad you failed. No really, I mean that in the most supportive way. I did something similar not that long ago. I Psyciatrist friend of mine put it to me as "A very permenant solution to a temporary problem" and that is right. Also there is no relief to be found from not being "here". I am truly sorry you were at the point that it seemed like an option or really what we can see as the only option. It really isnt.
I still get thoughts but I look at the impact on friends and family and it really does hurt those we love most.

Same goes as Anx Mum said, if you need to chat please PM me.

Keep well and keep talking. You have friends here.

davey2k12
02-04-17, 20:48
Thanks everybody for your responses I'm under supervision from the mental health team and see my doctor tomorrow. The mental health team have referred me to a service called mups which is medically unexplained physical symptoms they basically run tests to rule everything out or find something and work with you to help stop the pain so that's quite promising they only referred me because I had 27 hospital visits since January I'm not sure if this is available in other areas but some people suffering like I am might want to check it out. Tests I've had so far for the person that asked are ecg blood work chest X-ray and the usual blood pressure etc.

up a ladder
02-04-17, 21:07
Dave
Sounds really positive. I think 27 visits would indicate something out of the ordinary.
Keep us all posted.

Keep well