PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Stomach Bug

aanns_GAD
01-04-17, 20:50
Okay. I went to target this morning to get a gift for my friend who just had a baby and as I was walking in I saw an employee putting borax or something white and chalky on a few piles of throw up. I'm an emetephobe with health anxiety so I held my breath walking by once I realized what was going on. I still smelled it a little bit and it wasn't all cleaned up and idk who threw up or how soon before I walked in that it happened but I mean it was already on the ground for awhile I'm guessing if they had to get someone to the front and then find the product to put on it and and then cover all of it....I just spent an hour googling and you can't get sick by smelling the smell and the particles settle on the ground in minutes. Am I okay? I'm so scared to eat.

Thelegend27
01-04-17, 21:51
i know alot of people who fear the stomach virus, its a terrible bug that makes you very miserable so its normal to fear it. i for one fear it because when i vomit my heart goes into atrial fibrillation which isnt fun because i have to spend like 2 days in the hospital. keep yours hands washed, i also heard that grape juice helps prevent the stomach bug something about changing ph levels in your gut that helps fight against the virus before it can actually make you sick.

Leslie735
02-04-17, 02:54
Ugh Im sorry that happened! I also am an emet so I totally understand your fear. You sound like you're being rational about which is great! I'm sure you'll be fine so try not to worry.

NancyW
02-04-17, 03:49
I was scared of this when I was a kid.. anyone puked in school and I was ruined for days. I never knew it had a name.

I think you're ok. :-)